5efte w/ emanage blue?

ruggiero06

Member +
i am planning on using 4e electronics and such. but i had an idea. since i have an emanage blue on the way can i just stick with all my 5e stuff and slap in the 4e turbo stuff and control it with the emb. (im talking electronics here as im using everything from the 4e except for the 5e block basically)

that would make this whole project 100x easier.

i know the 4e has a knock sensor and a map sensor. but emb has the option for a knock sensor and i think also a map sensor

rep will be given to all that have good input

gurrturbo

Member +
I'm just about to build my forged 5e, I'm going to be using standalone engine management tho that I got off sacha ( plug and play) along with all the 4e wiring so ..... I would say you should be fine! someone please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't know much about e manage

rmsnoel

Member +
NO NO use the 4efte ecu and wiring sensors etc. So much easier to recognisee boost and will make the whole setup easier. Check out the american tercel sites and go to the 5e section. These lads know all about it. Although if you wish to use all the 5efe ecu and wiring you must use a check valve (non-return valve) to trick the 5efe map sensor to think recognise boost but you will find it harder to setup the e-manage

Fatman

Member +
Wouldn't recommend it at all...

Boosting an NA engine with a piggyback is a LOT harder than just fuel trimming on the stock ECU. Timing curve will be all wrong as well. Only way you could get away with it successfully would be on low boost, say 5-6psi. Anything further is inviting disaster.