6.5" or 7" Wheels????

Nippon

Member +
Yo!

Going to be ordering new wheels soon as my current wheels are shockingly rubbish.

I have decided what i want.
Gunmetal Grey Rota Grids 15".
But...

They offer 2 widths. 6.5" and 7"
I have 6.5" at the moment.

Would I notice the difference with an extra 0.5" with regards to traction?
Would 7" wheels go on without any fuss? Would i need to order spacers etc?
I will be running 195/50 tyres aswell. These would go over a 7" rim wouldnt they?

Any input would be appreciated.
Cheers
Matt D

Nippon

Member +
No idea on the rims, but that did make me laugh. :rockon:

Lol. They are terrible fella. They are TSW's. Came on the car when i bought it. I had to buy some toyota centre caps to try and hide the chav'ness. And the weight of them! Feels like i've done a work out at the gym after taking them on and off.

azerty

Supermoderator
depends ton tires model.
but you might want to keep 6.5" for 195 use. 7" would also fit thought. depending on offset choosed

im using 7" rims with 195/50/15 tyres and is pretty low, never had bad issues except a little scrubbing on the fronts with the dust covers (but thats why its lowered)when i get on bumps! The rear was fitted with a panhard rod too for your info and is running very gd! Now it also depends on the offset, dont get too much outwards.

GTti

Member +
Would I notice the difference with an extra 0.5" with regards to traction?

6 - 6.5" is more than enough for the weight of a Starlet. The larger the width of the tyre the less pressure or force of the car per surface area.

No point in going too much larger than 195 so keep the rim width at optimal size for the tyre you want to use.