6Speed Glanza?

Valdo

Fresh Recruit
is it possible to somehow put in levin 6speed in a ep91? whats needed and if not could u make 5th gear good bit longer?

Tobz91

Member +
will a g6 or sr corolla box fit..?

I looked at one on PistonHeads, apart from the owner knowing next to f*** all about his car I was told they are useless in excess of 200HP, they are weak I was told. I'm not personally sure, but if they are worthy it sounds a cool upgrade!

corofin12345

Member +
I looked at one on PistonHeads, apart from the owner knowing next to f*** all about his car I was told they are useless in excess of 200HP, they are weak I was told. I'm not personally sure, but if they are worthy it sounds a cool upgrade!

must look into it myself.. my car is screaming for another gear altough most 6speeds are more or less like a 5speed with ratios

Brendanlez

Member +
I had the G6 box in my last glanza, the levin box also fits to the best of my knowledge but mounting etc need to be made up.

The only thing that needs changed for the G6 box is the inner cups for the Drive shafts, you will also need new drive boots as the outside diameter on the Corolls cups are bigger than the Starlet ones

^^^ is that true? when i am driving the glanza i always think i am missing a gear so would love to try out the 6 speed.I think if it is done right it would be a great drive.

gglavin

Member +
^^^ is that true? when i am driving the glanza i always think i am missing a gear so would love to try out the 6 speed.I think if it is done right it would be a great drive.

was talking to a couple of tuners about it & they dont recommend it, they reckon the starlet/glanza box is stronger. stick with the starlet box IMO, but up to you of course.

Valdo

Fresh Recruit
total opposite, think he is wanting it for economy, hence the 6th gear, lower revs etc, dont think he is after a 93mph top speed lol

1.2.3.4 are grand u just want to be doing 120km at around 3000rpm in fift. is there any fift gear from any other gearbox that fits in and its a bit longer? the car will eventually have good bit of power so when i am finished building the engine so it wount be too dead when u click it into fift???

Brendanlez

Member +
It is and it isnt...

With the six speed your throw of the gear stick is a little shorter and also the lift out of 3rd n 4th is brilliant....

BUT (and its a big one)

They will not last with decent power, to make room for the 6th gear without compromising the size of the box, the gear wheels are thinner which in turn weakens them, I had mine in in no time its not much work, but be aware that it will go down the line if you give it even a little abuse, remember a G6 is about 75hp (if even)

Any ting else you want to know about it give me a shout

Valdo

Fresh Recruit
It is and it isnt...

With the six speed your throw of the gear stick is a little shorter and also the lift out of 3rd n 4th is brilliant....

BUT (and its a big one)

They will not last with decent power, to make room for the 6th gear without compromising the size of the box, the gear wheels are thinner which in turn weakens them, I had mine in in no time its not much work, but be aware that it will go down the line if you give it even a little abuse, remember a G6 is about 75hp (if even)

Any ting else you want to know about it give me a shout

Like i said above the rest of the gears are grand just want fift gear long for driving to work for 1hour and 30mins on the motorway waste some amount of fuel. is there any other gearbox that has 5gear longer and it fits into a glanza box. thank you