7a-fe engine convert

glanzakev

Fresh Recruit
i have been looking for ideas in how to get more bhp out of a 98 glanza and come up with nothing and till i looked at a celica 7a-fe turbo converted engine i not sure how this would work in a glanza as i have never seen a 1.8 turbo glanza... will this work or will it kill the glanza dead anyone with any ideas ?

richglanzav

Member +
dude u want more power from a glanza, 4efte can make triple the standard power lol. i spose it would be done if u had a lot of dosh to transplant a bigger engine into a glanza...dan 3sgte on here has a mr2 turbo engine in a GT. but if u just want some power then the 1.3 is more than capable dude

Last edited:

blakchiney

Member +
i have been looking for ideas in how to get more bhp out of a 98 glanza and come up with nothing and till i looked at a celica 7a-fe turbo converted engine i not sure how this ?

what u mean u came up with nothing! when i had my 4efte it was running 250 whp.

purchase a td05, some forge pistons, a greddy emanage, wastegate, 365cc injectors, bov, bigger intercooler, act hd pressure plate and 6 puck spring center clutch, a walbro pump, and a proper manifold. go to the dyno and turn up the boost. :drive:

what u mean u came up with nothing! when i had my 4efte it was running 250 whp.

purchase a td05, some forge pistons, a greddy emanage, wastegate, 365cc injectors, bov, bigger intercooler, act hd pressure plate and 6 puck spring center clutch, a walbro pump, and a proper manifold. go to the dyno and turn up the boost. :drive:

And maybe the main thing a Glanza needs forged rods..

glanzakev

Fresh Recruit
the 4efte engine is wot is in my car i was loking on the point that its a 1.3 and and the 7a-fe is a 1.8 my car before the glanza was a polo 6n vr6 so loking for a engine swap idea

gedis

Member +
the 4efte engine is wot is in my car i was loking on the point that its a 1.3 and and the 7a-fe is a 1.8 my car before the glanza was a polo 6n vr6 so loking for a engine swap idea

4A GE 20valve head would sit nice on 7A block+ some boost would be proper power, but its a lot of custom work to fit that to a starlet and build it properly, i remember thread on here that some 4agze engine made vey big power, if i remember correctly in around 500bhp on standart internals(not bad for 1.6) it only leaves me wondering what fully forged 1.8 be capable of with good spec. but for all that you will have to either rob the bank, or play euromilions more often ;)

billybob

Untrusted Seller

if you were thinking off doing a 1.8 build would it just be a track car or drag car couldnt see it passing nct lad

gedis

Member +
i suppose thei would be same as the most na engines for boost, you would have to build it with low comp parts to get the most of it and stay safe, as for headgasket i know of 2 gxi corrollas with high mileage and running no probs

billybob

Untrusted Seller
i suppose thei would be same as the most na engines for boost, you would have to build it with low comp parts to get the most of it and stay safe, as for headgasket i know of 2 gxi corrollas with high mileage and running no probs

from what ive hard the 7a-fe engine is a bad one to boost bad internals crank not the best either

are gxis quick? on the same par as a standard glanza?

gedis

Member +
from what ive hard the 7a-fe engine is a bad one to boost bad internals crank not the best either

i never had first hand expierence in turboing one of them engines, but as for weak standart internals i recon with be about the same as 5e with standart ones as thei are both high comp engines. not sure how much standart crank on 7a can hold up thought, actualy i was thinking of putting 7a engine with blacktop 20v head and ITB in to my boxy starlet for pissing of some dc2 tegs :p

billybob

Untrusted Seller
i never had first hand expierence in turboing one of them engines, but as for weak standart internals i recon with be about the same as 5e with standart ones as thei are both high comp engines. not sure how much standart crank on 7a can hold up thought, actualy i was thinking of putting 7a engine with blacktop 20v head and ITB in to my boxy starlet for pissing of some dc2 tegs :p

sounds good lad:)any thing to piss off the honda gang:haha: