90 in a 70 mph zone-how much points

cameroon95

Member +
As above, I was being caught doing 91 in a 70 mph limit.

How much points do you reckon I will get?

Really gutted at the moment

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Probally 4 points and a fine is more than likely.

I got caught a few years back doing 70mph in a 40mph section of Dual carriageway. Got 4 points and a £200 fine.

jam35

Member +
3 points £60 fine did you get done by a camera or get pulled?i was doing 96mph in a 70 before and was £60 fine and 3 points

cameroon95

Member +
Thanks for the replies, I really hope I don't get 6 as I'll most likely be banned as I have 6 already:(.

Feel like such a twat, such an obvious speed camera aswell. Just completely day dreaming at the time, I pass it all the time.

jam35

Member +
when they send you a ticket through just pay the fine and take the 3 points.i very much doubt they will give you a summons for that, they only usually give out a summons for 25mph over the limit, double or over 100mph, just be on your best behaviour.when did you get the 6 points ?

neilcliop

Member +
hope u get points in the post and a small fine i got caught doing alot over speed limit in court soon il see 10 points mayb complete ban

cameroon95

Member +
Got the six points in the space of 4 months, really has been a daft year for me.

Thanks for the help, I realise how daft i've been. Really cannot go without a car for my work.

lleey2k4

Member +
Should get 3 points and 60 pound fine.

My understanding is that if you are caught doing double the speed limit its 6 points and whatever fine, and over 100 is a ban for about 2 months or so and a fine.

sam_glanz

Member +
Youl be fine mate, 3 points and a fine, the fine could be more than £60 though, not masive amounts tho, And thats even if the camra had film inside it?

stuart

Member +
I got pulled 93 on motorway, copper said I got off lucky with 3 points and #60, said he coulda got me on 6 points and a bigger fine...

Dan507

Member +
ive only had my liecence for two days and i need to be so carefull going though speed cams, my car is still in Km's

this country sucks for speeding. in the US a guy was caught doing 215mph in a 70 in his veyron and had a $250 fine and was set free with no points

Dan3SGTE

Member +
ive only had my liecence for two days and i need to be so carefull going though speed cams, my car is still in Km's

this country sucks for speeding. in the US a guy was caught doing 215mph in a 70 in his veyron and had a $250 fine and was set free with no points

Hahaha how the hell did he get caught doing 215MPH? I wana know what caught him doing that speed as apparently cameras cant detect that speed according to the test done on top gear.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Hahaha how the hell did he get caught doing 215MPH? I wana know what caught him doing that speed as apparently cameras cant detect that speed according to the test done on top gear.

Pretty sure it was a Laser Gun that caught him ... not sure.

There was a guy recently who drove his SLR McLaren at over 180mph in Switzerland, supposively hes looking in the region of around £650,000 fine. They take into account your job and earnings etc over there lol.

Speeding Swede Faces World Record Fine.

A motorist is facing the world's largest speeding fine after allegedly being clocked doing 180mph on a Swiss motorway.
The 37-year-old Swedish man was caught by a camera on the A12 highway between Bern and Lausanne on Friday.

He was travelling so fast he needed over half a kilometre of road to come to a halt, according to one arresting officer.

The Swede may have to pay up to £650,000 under a formula used in Switzerland that takes into account the driver's salary and how much over the speed limit he or she was.

Other older speed cameras had failed to capture the Swede in his £160,000 Mercedes-Benz because the technology was unable to detect speeds over 125mph (200kph).

A police spokesman added: "We have no record of anyone being caught travelling faster in the country."

In 2001, the 44-year-old Finnish boss of Nokia was issued with what was believed to be the world's heftiest speeding fine.

Anssi Vanjoki had to pay 116,000 euros (£95,400) after he was caught doing 47mph in a 30mph zone in Helsinki while on his Harley Davidson motorbike.

Traffic fines in Finland are determined in a similar way to that in Switzerland, so Mr Vanjoki's large salary at the telecommunications company was taken into account.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Pretty sure it was a Laser Gun that caught him ... not sure.

There was a guy recently who drove his SLR McLaren at over 180mph in Switzerland, supposively hes looking in the region of around £650,000 fine. They take into account your job and earnings etc over there lol.

Ahh i seee! These people crack me up! Nut cases lol... Saying that i would probably be stupid enough to do 200MPH... he he

In 2001, the 44-year-old Finnish boss of Nokia was issued with what was believed to be the world's heftiest speeding fine.

Anssi Vanjoki had to pay 116,000 euros (£95,400) after he was caught doing 47mph in a 30mph zone in Helsinki while on his Harley Davidson motorbike.

AHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I cant believe that! Thats soo dam funny!

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Thanks for the replies, I really hope I don't get 6 as I'll most likely be banned as I have 6 already

Na ya wont get banned just £60 fine an 3 point's, i done the same as you 90 in a 70 an it was undercover that pulled me an i only got £60 3points an i already had 6 point's so it took me to 9point's...

I only have 3 now so am trying to keep it that way then soon have a clean licence again...