99 civic type r turbo info!

wesgt

Lifer
hey, anyone know anything about these, a lad wants to trade me one. This is the spec, sorry about the spelling i just copied and pasted, "Fully forged engine wiseco pistons wit suramic coatin,con rods block strengthner 550 injectors sard high pressure fuel pump aem fuel rail n regulator oil cooler and gear cams evo 6 turbo skunk 2 pro racin inlet manifold greedy 4branch manifold trust pipes full mugen exhaust system decat dc5 front brakes wit green stuff pads apexi ecu n fc commander aem fuel 2air clock hks boost clock excedy paddle clutch n alloy flywheel wit carbon suramic coatin 4 spoon strut braces d standard one underneath it is now spoon it red wit spoon in white savage greedy front mount.up rated hoses airmax induction kit on turbo n trust pipe tein coilcovers have buddyclub chamber adjustments 2.greedy dumpvalve mugen racin head". Basically would it be safe?

gtadvmike

Member +
well yeah but no lol yeah if it been done right lad and no cuse it will go like sh*t of a shovel from hell lol :D sounds lush ... any chance of a pic ?

gglavin

Member +
ya find out whos done it & get it checked over by a tuner , if its done right then go for it. but you need to know its history

wesgt

Lifer
well yeah but no lol yeah if it been done right lad and no cuse it will go like sh*t of a shovel from hell lol :D sounds lush ... any chance of a pic ?
Thanks mike :) yeh i thought that, its set to .6bar, and once the map is good and the low compression pistons are in, it should be ok! i have a couple of pix, but i'm not gonna put them up yet :haha: front end is gay, he has a gay sunstrip, carbon bonnet with gay writing across it, and a horrible black splitter, so i've an original bonnet coming, and want to return the front end to original type r, so the only tell tale will be the front mount and the bov :) but i'll put up before and after pix! any more info appreciated everyone!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
We cant say weather its reliable/safe. You'll find more information and be able to ask more specific questions on a honda forum.

Youve just given us a mods list. Yeah mods sounds good......

How much boost is running through that turbo is a big question as well as A/F/R's from the map. That will tell alot.

As well as who the cars owned by and if there is any smoking etc. If oil looks good. Proof of work done to the car/Receipts. Compression/leak test results and a general look over the car by a competant person to verify its a good example.

EDIT: 0.6bar sounds nice and safe.

wesgt

Lifer
Thanks mike :) yeh i thought that, its set to .6bar, and once the map is good and the low compression pistons are in, it should be ok! i have a couple of pix, but i'm not gonna put them up yet :haha: front end is gay, he has a gay sunstrip, carbon bonnet with gay writing across it, and a horrible black splitter, so i've an original bonnet coming, and want to return the front end to original type r, so the only tell tale will be the front mount and the bov :) but i'll put up before and after pix! any more info appreciated everyone! Ps just found out cartoyz in the north put on the turbo, i don't know them, and ttm did the mapping, some lad in cork called jason something did the pistons etc, think he does rally cars.

Last edited:

tucka

Member +
not many ppl turbo the type r engines, my friend spoke to maz at honda r about turbo'in his ek9 and maz did not recommend it! the normal b16 out of the vti are alot more suited to been turbo'd, but if you can find a good setup one then u will have one awsum car, my friend has a 310whp eg coupe spent a stupid amount of money on it, wen done right they are very safe and reliable!

supernova

Member +
Yeh the b16b aren't as good to turbo as the b16a from vti/sir due to their high compression. But with forged internals and better head gasket, i don't see it be any bad at all!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Yes the only reason is due to high compression. With lower compression there is no reason it won't be safe. You can boost a higher comp engine but has to have a spot ok tune and not run massive boost.

zee20

Member +
buddy where is the guy from?i know a guy who has a civic type r turbo and its QUICK hes got a strocker kit in his