A few piccies from my trip to Marrakech...

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
As some of you may have noticed, I like to get around the globe wherever possible. Last Tuesday, the wife and I shot off to Marrakech in Morocco for a few days, so I thought I'd bung up a few piccies to let you have a look at what it's like...

The Palais de la Bahia - One of the many courtyards inside the 150 room palace

dsc01126at.jpg

Mederasa Ben Youssef - The intricate detail of the Saadian School re-built in 1570

dsc01191cm.jpg

Place de Moukef in the Northern Medina - Definitely NOT in the tourist area...

dsc01221qc.jpg

The Tanneries - The processing of fresh Camel/Goat/Sheep/Cow hides into leather via an age-old traditional method using urine, pigeon droppings and dye. The smell was as you can imagine...

dsc01231t.jpg

Jemaa El Fna - The main hub of 'old' Marrakech with snake charmers, entertainers, and hawker stalls selling delicious tagines, grills and couscous

dsc01339.jpg

Jardin Majorelle - Established in 1920 by a French artist, and then purchased and restored by Yves Saint Laurent in 1980

dsc01369b.jpg

dsc01374zl.jpg

Koutoubia Mosque - The 12th Century spiritual symbol and city landmark of Marrakech

dsc01293x.jpg

If you like your destinations to be frenetic, hot, and very authentic, then I'd definitely recommend a visit. If you like beer, swimming pools and posh restaurants, go elsewhere...

Last edited:

Alex NL

Fresh Recruit
Great pictures, nice sights! Was in marocco a few years back in Imzouren on the north coast, a right ghetto, nowhere near any touristic bits. Was a great hol though! We were gonna go to Marakech for a day as well, but we couldn't be bothered and stayed to smoke the best and cheapest hash in the world :p Looks like we missed out!