A flat out problem... i think??

GT_TURBO MAN CAN

Fresh Recruit
I think theres a turbo problem with my gt(95 quadlght)i noticed the whole thing shortly after i got it on the road its a weirdish problem its like when i put my foot straight down starting in 2nd at 3500 revs ders terrible acceleration but if i put my foot down slowly just ahead of the revs it works ok but slower (<best way i can describe it).This gets worse the higher the gear. For example when im driving along and lets say i decide to overtake someone i usually drop to 3rd in high boost and when im acelerating really hard through 3rd for some reason it kinda stops climbing through the rpm around 5000 it feels like as if u were doing 50 kilometres in 5th gear and put ur foot down that kind of response. Anyway you have to change to 4th just to keep gainning speed. I havnt pin pointed the exact rpm due to no good roads wit all the snow but its roughly in the 5 to 6k range it losses puff nd you have to change. Is normal? i know you have hav the turbo spinning quick but acceleration is slow
All help appreciated

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
ct9 does run out of puff matey at like 5.5 6k mark.
but is it a hesitation u r saying?
and when was car serviced???
may need some new ignition parts.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
yh what i was hinting at in my reply mark.
i think a decent service is needed mate ignition wise, so plugs, leads dizzy etc, and then see how she is.

GT_TURBO MAN CAN

Fresh Recruit
about 3 months ago was the last service. There actually is i very low hissing noise but woud the not bo the turbo spinning how can you tell the difference

tonied4

Fresh Recruit
Sounds alot like what i experienced. Its ok if you slowly accelerate putting very little strain on the engine but once you put your foot down it just feels like its stopping. Water getting into the spark plug chambers was causing my problem so the ignition sounds like a good place to start.

GT_TURBO MAN CAN

Fresh Recruit
Sounds alot like what i experienced. Its ok if you slowly accelerate putting very little strain on the engine but once you put your foot down it just feels like its stopping. Water getting into the spark plug chambers was causing my problem so the ignition sounds like a good place to start.

what exactly was wrong crack? bad seal? how much did it cost to fix?

M

MYNameHere

This is exactly what happened to a friend of mine. Not an expensive fix though.

tonied4

Fresh Recruit
what exactly was wrong crack? bad seal? how much did it cost to fix?

Just the leads not having the best seal with the rocker cover i think. No top mount intercooler to deflect the water elsewhere so it was spraying onto the top of the engine. Rag and a screwdriver to dry the chamber out. I noticed it especially bad with the third spark plug i think.