abortion arguement again!

wesgt

Lifer
anyone any thoughts on this?
i don't agree with it anyway, a life is a life!
if people don't want to get pregnant then use the proper precautions!!
although, i'm sure there are exceptions, where its putting the life of the mother in danger to continue a pregnancy, and rape etc

dac69er

Super Moderator
you have just contradicted yourself mate ;)

my personal opinion is that its up to the individual. i dont see anything wrong in it. better the child isnt born than it having a bad upbringing. i wont say any more than that incase i offend anyone.

bullet

Member +
i agree with it under the right circumstances, if the baby is going to b brought in to the world it needs to be loved and looked after, if the baby was goin to b neglected and abused then its not fair on the child to go through that. accidents can happen with condoms, ive had it happen but the mrs didnt get pregnant. if both parties dont feel they can look after the child then it is better it is aborted.

AdDaMan

Member +
I agree. Contraception isnt always effective you know.

my personal opinion is that its up to the individual. i dont see anything wrong in it. better the child isnt born than it having a bad upbringing. i wont say any more than that incase i offend anyone.

malcolmgt

Member +
weird one, as sometimes as you say concetraception fails (lucky not here lol).
i dont think i would be ready for a kid but end of the day a guy has no say in it if a girl is being stubborn. if i was with someone for a while and happy with them and she got pregnant for any sort of reason by accident think i would be happy to keep it if that is what she wanted.

dac69er

Super Moderator
what i dont understand is all these rules and regulations about what you can and cant do and what you can and cant have, but when it comes to another human life any scummy lowlife can have that, no questions asked?
its one of the things i will never understand in this world!!!!

wesgt

Lifer

not really, i don't agree with the fact that a stupid young one can go out and ride all around her and then if she gets pregnant she can just tip anto a clinic and problem sorted!
any amount of ways to prevent a pregnancy in the first place but people aren't educated enough.
you'd be surprised how many people don't know how to use the morning after pill properly.

there are exceptions to everything, if a girl gets raped and gets pregnant as a consequence she should have the right to get rid as she didn't ask for it, wheb you consent to sex your automatically accepting the fact that a pregnancy could arise, in the case of rape this isn't the case.
if a pregnancy is putting the life of a mother in danger, better to lose the baby than both!
exceptions to everything

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I agree with it, as has been said contraception doesn't always work, I know this first hand lol.

bullet

Member +
weird one, as sometimes as you say concetraception fails (lucky not here lol).
i dont think i would be ready for a kid but end of the day a guy has no say in it if a girl is being stubborn. if i was with someone for a while and happy with them and she got pregnant for any sort of reason by accident think i would be happy to keep it if that is what she wanted.

thats what happened with me and my partner,she was on the pill but it didnt work for some reason. we decided we would be able to do it right, so now ive got a 1 year old boy and never been happier, skint but happy haha

wesgt

Lifer
ok if a girl is out having sex, she should be on the pill, the lad should be using condoms, if anything fails get the morning after, if you don't plan to get pregnant then take every precaution!

bullet

Member +
but like i said, my mrs was on the pill and it failed to work, so she was pregnant and shouldnt have been able to, or 99.7% shouldnt have gotten preggers. so it could work like that for others

wesgt

Lifer
but like i said, my mrs was on the pill and it failed to work, so she was pregnant and shouldnt have been able to, or 99.7% shouldnt have gotten preggers. so it could work like that for others

so you weren't using protection then?
not saying you should have cos i'm sure you love your son, but you get me, my and my gf don't wanna get pregnant so we take the precautions

JonoPhilpott

Member +
My Mrs was on the pill ... it failed and i wanted rid and she doesnt agree with abortion so weve now got a sprog but i wouldnt change him for the world now!

bullet

Member +
so you weren't using protection then?
not saying you should have cos i'm sure you love your son, but you get me, my and my gf don't wanna get pregnant so we take the precautions

so is the pill not classed as protection?

bullet

Member +
haha na, but in theroy i wouldnt need to use a condom as we know neither of us have stds, and the pill should have been sufice to stop her getting pregnant

matt walters

Member +
I agree with it, as has been said contraception doesn't always work, I know this first hand lol.

same with me, (pill) yeah maybe should have used extra protection, but you dont think it wil happen to you with the pills sucess rate or whatever you wanna call it.

i feel it up to the individual/ couple and there circumstances what they wanna do, we had been together about 7 months at the time this arose, so we decided to abort as neither of us were ready. we dont regret it at all. but if it happened again we would have the child.
just for me and mrs it wasnt the right time, since this we are so much closer than we were before.

scot-ish

Member +
i agree with it, for certain reasons.

im kina conflicting in my explanation, before anyone tells me i contradict myself.

but for, i think, if you can be told early enough on in the pregnancy, that the child isnt going to be 100% normal(i.e a disease of some sort) then abortion should be allowed, as i would rather not have a child introduced into a horrible life( im only guessing, but i cant expect it would be much of a life, with a lifelong disease) rape ect obviously, and also, if a kid is under the age of 16, then the decision should be left to the kids parents, i know 99% would go for abortion, but the option should be there.

but i think, as wes has said, about people shaggin all the time, then all they have to do is allow people only one abortion, thats it, that way you only make the "mistake" of not using contraception once, after that, you live with the consequences.

anyway this country needs to get like china, and limit the number of kids per couple.

wesgt

Lifer
i agree with it, for certain reasons.

im kina conflicting in my explanation, before anyone tells me i contradict myself.

but for, i think, if you can be told early enough on in the pregnancy, that the child isnt going to be 100% normal(i.e a disease of some sort) then abortion should be allowed, as i would rather not have a child introduced into a horrible life( im only guessing, but i cant expect it would be much of a life, with a lifelong disease) rape ect obviously, and also, if a kid is under the age of 16, then the decision should be left to the kids parents, i know 99% would go for abortion, but the option should be there.

but i think, as wes has said, about people shaggin all the time, then all they have to do is allow people only one abortion, thats it, that way you only make the "mistake" of not using contraception once, after that, you live with the consequences.

anyway this country needs to get like china, and limit the number of kids per couple.

i think everywhere needs the limit until we can sustain a population!