abs nightmare

carbon

Member +
ok so a while back i got the engine conversion and also the wiring.since then my abs has not worked.i,ve try a different abs ecu,pump,put in a new abs loom because i thought it was a wiring problem because i,ve had a few wiring problems when it was done.is there any thing else that could be wrong.
cheers

carbon

Member +
it doesnt work at all.basically he changed for 4efte engine,ecu some wiring and thats it and it hasnt worked since.the abs pump works wen i put direct power to it which says thats ok.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
I see you have a Glanza S with a 4efte. Is she not thorwing up any fault codes at the moment? Did you buy a front cut and use new shafts or did you just buy an engine?

T

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Strange sounds as if most was left untouched unless it's literally a case of un-plugged sensor. We've done a few conversions to ABS cars without ABS brake issues but I can't really think of much else, what brake setup are you using? I'll speak with Kevin in the morn not 100% sure to be honest will just be a case of eliminating what you have covered already and going from there.

Your better off without it anyway imo :eek:

T

Last edited:

carbon

Member +
he used the wiring from a 96 4efte an mine was a 98 4efe wat is the differance in the wiring 4 the abs?

Toby@ToyTuning.com

I don't really know to be honest, I'm not 100% what the difference would be between the years but there may have been a slight revision. Someone can cross reference parts on EPC or I can do tomorrow. Kevin may know as he has had a few Glanzas and is more electronicly minded than myself otherwise it could just be down to a wiring mistake. He wouldn't have spliced much as the looms are plug and play unlike using an earlier GT engine where it all needs to be spliced so there isn't much that it could be.

Who did it and what does he think! :)

T

carbon

Member +
Strange sounds as if most was left untouched unless it's literally a case of un-plugged sensor. We've done a few conversions to ABS cars without ABS brake issues but I can't really think of much else, what brake setup are you using? I'll speak with Kevin in the morn not 100% sure to be honest will just be a case of eliminating what you have covered already and going from there.

Your better off without it anyway imo :eek:

T
well all the pickups are wired up and connected but ive a fealing its worse than a sensor because since the conversion.no back wiper,rear demister,interior light,all wires cut etc that i fixed myself. i found wires cut everywhere but all the abs one seem ok but im not sure about from the fusebox back but the fuse is powered up.

carbon

Member +
pm me if you figure anything out or if you think of stuff to try.cheers for your help.:)
ps on shitty irish roads and bad weather i do need it:p

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Ah right I see well if you've been having those issues then I would say it was down to the conversion for sure! Where are you based carbon? There is little anyone can recommend on here as if it's a little bodged then you will either need to trace the wires or re-wire the loom. Kevin can do this for you no problem but it depends where you are and budget.

Otherwise it would be a case of sitting down over the weekend and retracing the steps. Have you rectified the other issues now and if the guy made a mistake then they should really fix it unless it wasn't a company. Regardless it sounds like you have had a few electrical issues so more than likely down to that if it worked 100% before

T

Toby@ToyTuning.com

If you get really desperate come over, what about Trevor although no idea where he is relation to you I'm sure this is something he has the skills for.

T