ABS sensor?

sparkie900

Member +
hi all, im dure this has prob been on here before many a time but, my abs light is constantly on, i checked with Mark @ CMB autos he said its the sensor. and it would cause to much hastle to get another one so just take the bulb out lol. i will prob do this anyway unless anyone has another sensor lyin around?? cheers

stuarty1

Member +
plug it in 2 da cumpter and get it turned of it hapened 2 mine wen da snow was about and da abs teeth were all broke. bulb would b da best way lol

Fatman

Member +
Having non functional ABS is madness, if you've got it in the car it should always be working. ABS can make a HUGE difference to the stopping distance, especially in poor conditions. If you value your life, the life of your passengers or your own car you should really get it sorted properly.

I've previously had an EP91, few EP82's and an EP70, I really miss ABS on the Starlets without it in a daily driven situation.

Often you can resolve ABS sensor issues yourself by just cleaning them up. Pull off the wheel and get in there with a can of brake cleaner. The ABS sensor is in the hub and is pointing at a toothed wheel on the outer CV joint. These are quite sensitive to road filth and can pack up just due to debris.

i checked with Mark @ CMB autos he said its the sensor. and it would cause to much hastle to get another one so just take the bulb out lol.

i never said this :slap: ill sell u sensors iv got a good few
do u no wat one u need ?????

Last edited: