absolutely nothing happens

yates

Fresh Recruit
i went to my car this morning and tried to turn it on. There was absolutely nothing, no lights or anything, so i tried to bump it and still nothing. I then tried to jump start it and still nothing at all happened. I checked the voltage at the battery and it was showing 1V.
Would this just need a new battery or will it be more serious.:(

Im guessing it ran out as i left my door on the latch without knowing but i would have thought i could still jump it if its just a dead battery. But as i said i got absolutely nothings. No lights at all and no sign of life.

Any help would be great
Cheers:)

hubbygt

Member +
Try leaving it on charge if you have a booster pack or hook it up to another car and fire it up to bleed some life back into you battery for a lil bit then fire yours up and see how if it starts.

yates

Fresh Recruit
i tried jumping it up off another car
left the other car on it for 15 minutes and there was still nothing when i tried to start it

hubbygt

Member +
As long as there is nothing else draining the battery I'd prob replace it too.

Take It out and charge it on it's own to see if it will hold a charge first and check the voltage just incase there's something a miss when it's plugged in to the car.

Just incase as battery's aren't that cheap mate. Not bankruptcy material but money's money in my book so best to check first incase it does hold a charge on it's own and the problem is elsewhere.