Acuator Help?!?

kyleglanza

Member +
i have 96 ep91 glanza turbo, my standard acuator went so i replaced it with the HKS adjustable one, i have fitted it correctly (i think) but now i just cant get any boost at all?? does anyone why this could be?
cheers kyle

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Have you tried shortening the actuator arm? If its too long it will be holding the wastegate open, preventing you from boosting. (I think!)

Petey

Member +
dont wanna make u sound stupid dude......... but did u put the T-piece in line? in other words, have u connected both hoses back onto the new actuator?? as there was 2 on the original, and only one on the new one??

U probably have, just tryin to think up ideas for you mate?!?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
people seem to have trouble with fitting these but then overs dont have any problems at all.

did you adjust the arm while it was off the car?

kyleglanza

Member +
yeah i got the T in. i got the instructions off this site on how to do it so i think its all right. i'm not sure about the solenoid(not sure where or what it is).
is the thing the acuator arm goes onto (the wastegate isit?) is that ment to be really loose because mine is really really easy to open and close??

sorry if i seem abit thick this is my first turbo car

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i would amagine if its easy to open thats why the car isnt boosting because its all flying out the wastegate..

sounds to me like its broken there should be resistance i wuda thought?

dont take my word on that tho

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
Yeah mate with the actuator fitted and attached to the wastegate it should be difficult to open the flap, shouldnt be really loose. If it is its going to be opening at very low boost therefore preventing you from building any boost pressure.

You seem to have the exact opposite issue to me with my HKS actuator!

kyleglanza

Member +
i've dissconnected the acuator now and the thing it goes onto is really loose, when i open and close it its pi*s easy like its not connected to anything? is this right? and my actuator is really stiff aswell.

Timmy

Member +
with out the actuator attached the wastgate should be very easy to open. The actuator itself chould have a very strong (compared to a stock one) spring. If the actuator is holding the waste gate shut and the spring is good thats not your problem. You could have a huge boost leak but i would have thought this would be obvious.

kyleglanza

Member +
i havent got a boost leak we've checked for everything like that. i puzzled....
anyone wanna come to wales to see if you can fix it??lol

turboflow

Member +
dont wanna make u sound stupid dude......... but did u put the T-piece in line? in other words, have u connected both hoses back onto the new actuator?? as there was 2 on the original, and only one on the new one??

U probably have, just tryin to think up ideas for you mate?!?

you will only need the hose fromt he turbo to the actuator as adding th t piece will do nothing.