Add Your Rant About The Cold Weather.....

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Thought i would put this up after seeing thread's about accident's and the shi**y cold weather damageing our car's...

Dunno about you guys but i have now just about had enough of the cold...

F**ked off with the the roads being so dodgy to drive on, fed up with my lovely white car being brown from all the sh*t on the roads and grit, can't even clean it as it will freeze my drive or the road, cant go car wash as there all shut due to ice..
Cold has near killed my battery i now carry a booster pack just in case i die's till i can get a new battery..

And i think the last straw was tonight my rear break's has seased on to i had to hit the calliper's with a 2x3 to losern them up,car in now wedged on block's and in gear...

I know my little prob's an't half as bad as a few that have crashed and i hope you guy's get it sorted soon..

So come on guy's/gal's have a little rant...:shoot:

addz

Member +
I am feeling the rant over this bleak cold weather.

Where are you and whats the minus temperature?

ChrisGT

Member +
There was ice all over the inside of the Bimma's windscreen...and the rear windscreen too. Very gay, made me late for work

dac69er

Super Moderator
what pisses me off is the salt. rusts your car and makes the roads fall apart so the parts that are rusted by the salt fall off when you smash into a pothole.

some of them are just mental and appear out of nowhere :(

also, the bastard gritters dont just grit the road, they race around like F1 drivers and chip the living crap out of your car when they race past so it rusts even more. then when you could possibly do with a bit of salt on the road when its really snowy and icy they arent anywhere to be seen.

i think the roads should be left, anyone who crashes is a shit driver and shouldnt be on the road ;)

I know exactly how you feel dude especially with the white and calipers. I got a 1.7 turbo diesel punto van with a new engine its mint for 150 euro costs fuck all to run. Its great to park up the Glanza as it was my daily for 3 years its all polished sitting in the driveway I might even buy a cover for it lol. Imo everyone needs a wrecker for the winter to park the good car up.

sam_glanz

Member +
Its pissed me off having to get up 10mins early for work, about quarter to 6!! in the frezzzzing cold just to de-ice the van and not only is there ice on the out side????? ohhh noo lads inside?? im spraying de-icer on the inside of my van??? somethings not righttt!!!!!

davehart

Member +
Having to de-ice the inside of the front widscreen is becomming an irritating task. As well as getting the frosty scraper out to rid the ice that collects on the outside. Its to cold to go and do any work on it outside because the drive is frozen solid and I I'm washing it in this weather because the water will freeze up everything.

Doors freezing on, locks freezing on and popiing into the co-op for ten mins to come out to find the inside has iced up again is bloody annoying! And to top it all off a sqeaky alternator belt when I put the heaters on!

Love these cars but in weather like this they take the piss!

:)

rant over.

Gilly2006

Member +
well today i crashed my car due to black ice, think thats a fairly good enough reason to be annoyed with the cold weather! im getting sick of defrosting the car every morning!
can't put the heater on when setting off from lights as the belt sqeels like a gay boy!
can't keep the car clean whatsoever!

i think its safe to say im getting a little bit frustrated!

Fro

Member +

Was up in the highlands before christmas, almost 30inches of snow and -18, nice.

Lowest iv seen it at home in aberdeenshire NE Scotland this winter has been -14, it has reportedly been colder. We are hardened hill runners here though, thats almost as warm as summer for us :beer:

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you have too much condensation on the inside then you have a water leak in the car, or something wet in there.

also, use the aircon if you have it, it dries the air and clears the screen quicker ;)

tbh, during the day i dont think its that cold to work on a car. been in my cold garage working on my car the last week or so and its been ok.

Gilly2006

Member +
Was up in the highlands before christmas, almost 30inches of snow and -18, nice.

Lowest iv seen it at home in aberdeenshire NE Scotland this winter has been -14, it has reportedly been colder. We are hardened hill runners here though, thats almost as warm as summer for us :beer:
- 18!!!!! dear me! its been minus 10 in preston late at night, has your car started?!

Stulet-GTT

Member +

Im in north devon and the temp is gettin close to -6 an suppose to getting lower as the week goes..

what pisses me off is the salt. rusts your car and makes the roads fall apart so the parts that are rusted by the salt fall off when you smash into a pothole.

also, the bastard gritters dont just grit the road, they race around like F1 drivers and chip the living crap out of your car when they race past so it rusts even more. then when you could possibly do with a bit of salt on the road when its really snowy and icy they arent anywhere to be seen.

Ahh yes for got about the f**king maniac gritter driver's and the fu*ing pothole's there getting everywhere now an making it dangerous to drive around...

Fro

Member +
- 18!!!!! dear me! its been minus 10 in preston late at night, has your car started?!

Its usually at least -7 by about 7pm here! Its hardly above freezing all day. Its like that here from the beginning october :haha:
My mate had a brand new citroen van that froze solid, rad pipes and everything were solid ice! Anti-freeze!? Dont think so!

davehart

Member +
if you have too much condensation on the inside then you have a water leak in the car, or something wet in there.

also, use the aircon if you have it, it dries the air and clears the screen quicker ;)

tbh, during the day i dont think its that cold to work on a car. been in my cold garage working on my car the last week or so and its been ok.

I wouldn't mind working inside a garage but my garage at the moment is outside because it's not been built yet. Not beeing a morning person dosent help as the daylight fades fast in the afternoons.

I will try that aircon trick, see if it clears it any quicker.

No leeks inside of the car I think its just condensation and mist that freezes up on the inside.

Fro

Member +

My old runabout leaked like a seive, it was a right cunt in the winter, had more frost inside than outside! It was a right cunt most the time actually, was too condensated to see out any of the windows most the time. Ace in the snow though, didnt have the power to wheelspin :haha:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I need to fit my exhaust system and manifold on my EK9 but 10 minutes outside and my hands feel like they are gona to fall off.

Parking a couple minutes away from a job due to lack of parking and having to walk in this fucking ice age. Im half dead by the time im there.

Im completely bored of this weather.

addz

Member +

Geez man!

We are having to put up with a shy -5

That is nothing compared to you guys - true soldiers!!