Additive for coolant

ramses974

Member +
Hi, i want your opinions about the redline watter wetter or Motul mocool ...
in fact i want to cool down better my paseo ,since i went to 1.4bar it tends to overheat a litlle but the fan re adjust the temp to normal but it takes 1 or 2 min to do that ...
A friend on an another forum (evo) told me about the benefit of teh motul mocool that they use in dayly driving

mickyboy

Member +
Could try a TRD thermostat also would of thought Toyota RED coolant would be the best to use!..Orr a bigger rad lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have heard it helps, but the difference will be minimal. i would try and run a high pressure rad cap, and possibly consider a lower temp stat if a larger rad isnt an option.

have you considered raising the rear of the bonnet or anything like that?

Texx

Super Moderator
Installing something like a Revotec or Kenlowe adjustable fan controller would be a better option. It'll allow you to decide at what temperature the radiator fan cuts in.

weeJohn

Lifer
I read a test on coolants before that included water wetter before, basically it read that the best coolant for actually removing heat from the areas it touches is pure water. This is obviously not the best thing for preventing corrosion and freezing, but antifreeze has a slightly lower boiling point than water so it causes lots of tiny bubbles in the system when it comes in contact with the hot surface it is cooling. These bubbles dont remove heat so well as they are full of air, but adding water wetter reduces the amount of bubbles produce and brings antifreeze mixes back up to pure waters standards.

ramses974

Member +
Hi, i want your opinions about the redline watter wetter or Motul mocool ...
in fact i want to cool down better my paseo ,since i went to 1.4bar it tends to overheat a litlle but the fan re adjust the temp to normal but it takes 1 or 2 min to do that ...
A friend on an another forum (evo) told me about the benefit of teh motul mocool that they use in dayly driving

i have a low trd thermostat and a 1.3rad cap from trd too ... on a paseo there is not enough air than a glanza to cool the rad properly ...the temp swith is 97c , the idea to cool before 97c seems me good .. i have an hks fan controller i will fit it to see soon

ramses974

Member +
I read a test on coolants before that included water wetter before, basically it read that the best coolant for actually removing heat from the areas it touches is pure water. This is obviously not the best thing for preventing corrosion and freezing, but antifreeze has a slightly lower boiling point than water so it causes lots of tiny bubbles in the system when it comes in contact with the hot surface it is cooling. These bubbles dont remove heat so well as they are full of air, but adding water wetter reduces the amount of bubbles produce and brings antifreeze mixes back up to pure waters standards.

i heard about the mix of the supra guys :
-pure water (without mineral)75%
-25% of red toyota cooland
-a botle of water wetter

what do you think ?