Adjusting Tein Coilovers

Fitted a set of Tein Mono/Master Flex Coiovers the other week and now they have settled I am looking to fine tune the ride heat slightly.
I wasnt given any instructions with them but from what I have seen do I adjust the height by loosening the locking ring at the bottom of the shock then turning the whole assemble and to then adjust the spring preload I use the two locking rings at the spring seat.
Will this be the same for the front and rear coilovers?

AdamB

Member +
The spring stiffness is set by the spring itself, you can get stiffer springs if you wish though ;)
To adjust the height just undo the locking collar and rotate the collar to adjust the height. You can adjust the rebound on top of the strut, although sometimes they are on the body of the coilover itself. Not used tein personally.
If you want a good handleing car the best thing would be to get the car corner weighted for you driving style.

I understand you adjust the damping rate by the top of the strut, But when adjusting the height do you need to undo the lowest collar aswell as the bottom of the collar on the spring seat and turn the whole assemble and then once the desired ride height is set you tighten the lower collar and then tighten the upper collars so the the spring is under load and doesn't move about.
I have looked on the tein website but there is know PDF, so this is just what I have seen on YouTube