Adrian Flux...WORST INSURERS!!!

zee20

Member +
just been on the bloody phone with this company and after an hour of getting quotes on a civic type r(£3500 tpft) and a bmw 318i(more than what a bmw 318i on a w reg is worth) they cant give me a decent quote at all due to my age (22) totally messed my day up!:mad:

CTR_Timmy

Member +
I had the same problem numpteen times with them they are really crap. I ended up going with elephant for my Type R for the first year and now im with Churchill. I was 22 when I first insured my Type R with 1 years no claims and I paid £850 a year now im 23 i pay £800 a year

zee20

Member +
I had the same problem numpteen times with them they are really crap. I ended up going with elephant for my Type R for the first year and now im with Churchill. I was 22 when I first insured my Type R with 1 years no claims and I paid £850 a year now im 23 i pay £800 a year

i argued with them and they said oh sorry we cant give you your ncb after your policy has finished with us, i thought i was on the 10 month bonus accelerator plan :( what a waste of time with them. Had my pulsar insured for £1400 tpft and my starlets insured with them now £1300tpft should have just kept the pulsar:(

CTR_Timmy

Member +
They quoted me £3000 a year for my 1.4 C2 when I was 19 told them to jog! Defently try elephant or churchill as they were the cheapest for me

Rory

Lifer
Never had a problem with them.
Under 25 and i couldnt find anywhere remotley close to there price.

But i do live in the middle of no where, which helps loads!
Big city's dont help.

Chris@CCM

Member +
were cheap on the slivia then it went up on the starlet 250 pounds over tho its a much lower group then they tryed to charge me 3 times what i was paying a month ,took about 2 hours on the fone to sort this out to fine they over chaged me as i said from the start then i asked to cancel it they told me i would have to pay 200 pounds to do so . il not be renewing with them again steer clear imo

dac69er

Super Moderator
they have been fine with my starlet. cant beat elephant on a near standard GT though.
pissed off when i insured my mx5. got a qoute which was quite a bit as i had no noclaims to use on the car. i sold the car 6months later and tried to cancel. lost quite a bit of money that way as they wouldnt refund anything!!!! probably not there fault as such, but insurance in general is a joke

Rory

Lifer
Must admit, ive had something similar to this, when i shifted the insurance from the Toyota to my winter hack one year, then back again.

They then tried to over charge me what i had already paid for, when i took the policy out the 1st time! Wasnt chuffed, but i made it clear on the phone that they were wrong, and i was right.
I made them go and retrieve my policy just to prove my point.

were cheap on the slivia then it went up on the starlet 250 pounds over tho its a much lower group then they tryed to charge me 3 times what i was paying a month ,took about 2 hours on the fone to sort this out to fine they over chaged me as i said from the start then i asked to cancel it they told me i would have to pay 200 pounds to do so . il not be renewing with them again steer clear imo

CTR_Timmy

Member +
Never had a problem with them.
Under 25 and i couldnt find anywhere remotley close to there price.

But i do live in the middle of no where, which helps loads!
Big city's dont help.

I live in a small village with zero crime and would have been garaged but still have had silly quotes off them. They wouldnt touch me on the GT when I had it.

simonleeds

Member +
im 24 and have returned back to adrian flux again because firstly they's insure me (6 points no insurance due to elephant insurance anway long story and there cunts) and secondly they offered more for the money
mines 920 fully comp with all mods declaired breakdown/window cover legal cover personal injury etc etc
ive found that it really depends who you speak to from an insurance companys some times u get helpful people and you get good quotes other times you get wankers and shit quotes ..... well thats how it seem to work for me anyway lol

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Been with them 2year's now and i think there alright..

The only company that would insure me with a claime and 9points against me, yes i may have full no claim discount but with 9points i was looking at over £1000 on the GT with out mod's, flux have done it for £460 with mods fully comp cover...

I think it depends on the person/car and area you live...

dac69er

Super Moderator
wanted £900 for my mx5 when i was with them (cheapest i could find) damn stupid no claims system!

if myou have some no claims you will be paying about the same as the mx5 if its an import.

lingl9z

Member +
I was with them for a bit, but swapped to sky, think the mx5 was around 700fc iirc with mods declared.