advice on what next to help with traction

keirz

Member +
i know these come up quite alot but.........

im getting quite annoyed that my car really struggles for traction even in the dry. if your driving along in second and plant your foot when the turbo reaches near full boost it just spins the wheels up and pulls you all over the road. its a struggle to keep it in a straight line happens in 3rd too at times.

now it isnt like ive gone power before suspension. i feel ive got a really good set up and im struggling to see how i can improve.

im gonna try some spring assisters on the rear to stop the back from squating. but i dont know what else to try. below is my spec list. i know some is irrelevent i just copied and pasted!

suspension

g reddy rear brace
zep racing c pillar bar
front brace
ultra racing floor brace
RSR springs
KYB SR specials
whiteline adjustable rear arb
Whiteline 22 mm front arb, with poly droplinks
whitline anti-lift / castor kit
Silkroad engine torque damper
Powerflex upgraded engine mounts
15 " rota grids currently wrapped F1s

Braking
3g 20 groove disks
mintex 1144 pads
front and rear braided lines
cusco bmcs

Engine
hks actuator
zep racing decat
full blitz nur spec 2.5 exhaust system
Zisco mild steel mani
Apexi chrome edition filter
monstor motorsport air filter relocation kit
Magnicore 8.5mm ignition leads
ngk spark plugs
unknown bov
hdi fmic
oil catch tank
one off hybrid ct12b/ct20/ct9 made by myself
radiator cooling panal
Zisco mild steel mani
trd 1.3 bar rad cap
aircon removed

Drivetrain
ogura racing orc309ds clutch
ogura racing lightend flywheel
TC short shifter

Electrics
jam racing ecu
digital boost guage
g-tech performance meter
hks turbo timer

other

Border carbon fibre seat
OMP 4 point harness
Carbon style dial surrond
Carbon fiber reverse scoop

now i want to know looking at that setup is there a weakness you can see that would cause these traction issues. ie, could there be something set up wrong maybe or stock part worn to cause it. i know with 200bhp your gonna struggle to put it down but ive spoke with other members with similar power who dont seem to struggle as much as me.

any suggestion of things to check over?

Rory

Lifer
LSD.
Good tyres

Can the suspension be adjusted at all?
Does it hop about when its spinning?

keirz

Member +
well its on eagle f1s so good tyres are there.

it does seem to hop and front end seems really light. it lifts a fair bit even with the anti-lift, engine damper and mounts.

the only thing i can adjust really is make my rear arb stiffer but i cant see how that will help as its not lateral movement.

i want lsd but dont know if i wanna spend that kinda cash on it at the minute as saving for a house. didnt know if any worn bushes could be causing it. obviously the bushes for anti lift and front anti roll are all poly.

Rory

Lifer
It could be possible that your car is sitting abit stiff.
Also if you think the bushes are gtting on a bit, get them changed for new ones, this will help.

When you mean by light at the front, im presuming, the steering is very responsive etc?
Are you running standard top mounts on your front Suspension?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Aye LSD and even better tires :p

I've 888s on the front and a Quaife LSD 2nd gear had tons of grip in the dry at around 230hp. Though I've different boost levels for different gears hence only 230hp in second.

keirz

Member +
888s will be suicidle as its my daily drive!

i mean when you plant your foot it seem as if the front end lifts up and takes the weight off the front tyres. the steering seems light when my foots planted. hard to explain really mate. yes stock top mounts

i might have a play about with the engine damper as i dont think this is doing its job right.

i was also thinking of getting some coilovers just on the rear so i can have it sitting stiffer and higher at the back.