Advice (Please Read)

Pete EP82

Member +
Rite its a bit of a long story but here goes......My girlfriend is currently renting a house, and has been for the last year along with another couple! The female from the other couple does not pay rent as she is a relation to the owner of the house (also we are now unsure if the male is paying rent! Because they became a couple a couple of months after moving in, they were just work collegues and friends before that, and up to the point of them becoming a couple the male was paying rent.....and could still be! However its unlikley as he is now going out with the girl that doesnt pay rent because she is related to the owner of the house!) Anyways i was staying over one night recently and the next morning my girlfriend got up 5:30am to be in work for 6, so i stayed in bed after she had left as it was very early! At around 8:30am the other couple were up and getting ready to go to work togrther for 9am (primary school teachers) While they were getting ready for work the females mother dropped into the house, (for an unknown reason, while i was still asleep in bed) and apparently was'nt too happy at all that i was asleep in bed without my girlfriend being there! The female then a day later txt my girlfriend basically saying that her mum went nuts when when she came along that morning and knew i was in bed alone!

I dont pay rent.....my girlfriend pays rent for a double room! We are rarely there as it is, pretty much all we do is sleep there, rarely cook there...etc!
Just wondering what peoples views are on this situation!? Personally we think the other couple just want the house to themselves and are being selfish!?
Thank you for taking the time to read our situation!! :confused: :confused:

Mike D EP82

Member +
if shes paying then she has no right to go crazy about you being there if shes paying her bit towards her staying there. tell them to sling there hook or get another flatmate. sounds abit like they are a bit up themselves :shoot:

Paul147

Member +
The way i see things are that the rents been payed for that room and the use of the house etc..Shouldnt matter at all if you stay there the odd night

Pete EP82

Member +
Ok guys, just to be clear i don't pay rent.... Just my girlfriend is paying rent! And i do stay there most nights of the week, However seen as the rent is being paid for the room and the use of the house is it anybody elses business who else my girlfriend has in the bedroom!!?? (ME)......HEHE! Well fuck i hope there aint anyone else in there!!! ha

Paul147

Member +
The rents being paid for the room so i really dont see the problem buddy just sounds to me like te other couple just want the place to them selves

Mike D EP82

Member +
Ok guys, just to be clear i don't pay rent.... Just my girlfriend is paying rent! And i do stay there most nights of the week, However seen as the rent is being paid for the room and the use of the house is it anybody elses business who else my girlfriend has in the bedroom!!?? (ME)......HEHE! Well fuck i hope there aint anyone else in there!!! ha

lol i woudnt say so, if she pays her way then it shouldnt matter, if its not you in the room its her and you have her permission to be there so sook it and see. get the girlfriend to put a complaint in and ask what the problem is

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Your GF is paying for a room and the shared uses of the kitchen toilet etc.

Whether you pay half of her rent or she pays the full whack,and unless its stated in the lease you can do what you like within reason.

gv1.3

Admin
if the room was rented to your girlfriend then you shouldnt really be staying there most nights. It shouldnt be an issue if you stay there once or twice a week but ultimately the room was rented to your girlfriend not you.

As for the others paying or not paying rent... thats between them and the person that owns the house. Just because your girlfriend rents a room it doesnt mean she can move whoever she wants in to that room too.

I have been in a situation similar to this many years ago and it is messy. If you and her are spending nearly every night together then perhaps its time to get a place of your own where you both sign a lease.

wesgt

Lifer
yeh your gf is paying her way, the room is hers, if she chooses to lock you up there permenantly its her choice lol i'd tell the other girls mam to keep her nose out, nothing to do with her! if i were you i'd just go get a place with your gf anyway

gv1.3

Admin
Your GF is paying for a room and the shared uses of the kitchen toilet etc.

Whether you pay half of her rent or she pays the full whack,and unless its stated in the lease you can do what you like within reason.

thats not correct mate. If a room is rented to someone that does not allow them to move others in and it does not have to be stated in the lease, Ive been in a similar situation before and its a tough one to argue. Think of it like this... a foreign bloke could come and rent a room off you then one day you arrive home and he has brought his family over to live in the room too... paying rent for a room does not mean it is yours to put as many people as you like in it.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
thats not correct mate. If a room is rented to someone that does not allow them to move others in and it does not have to be stated in the lease, Ive been in a similar situation before and its a tough one to argue. Think of it like this... a foreign bloke could come and rent a room off you then one day you arrive home and he has brought his family over to live in the room too... paying rent for a room does not mean it is yours to put as many people as you like in it.

Aye,i see where your coming from

But he did say he stays there most nights and the landlord did know so theres a small argument to be had,he hasnt actually moved in like your example and the landlord has permitted it up until now.

But i humbly agree,the landlord would most likely win

mickscanlon

Member +
i think if your renting a place its ok to have someone over 2 0r 3 times a week any more dan dat the other person should be payn rent to.. a mate ov mine had a similar problem... its none ov her mothers business if you wer dare or not.. maybe she was mad because your not payn rent but your dare while your gf is not...

Pete EP82

Member +
Yea were going to have to find out what the real problem is anyways! Thanks guys for takin the time to read this! talk to yee soon