advice with Partner's Saxo - Rad problems

Kev

Member +
Hi all,

I know this isn't Starlet specific, but was wondering if anybody could offer some advice with a problem that's recently occurred with my partners Saxo.

Whilst driving the car on Saturday with the hot air blowers on, the car steamed up. Checked the overflow bottle to the Radiator to find it empty of coolant and water, re-filled it with literally half a kettle full of water and coolant. Checked it again this morning to find the overflow bottle empty again.

I've filled it up again with pretty much the same amount as before today . :confused:

There doesn't appear to be any apparent leak in system that I can see, however I haven't ran a pressure test on it yet to confirm this.

The temp is running fine on the gauge as per normal, the performance of the engine doesn't seem affected in anyway, could be the head gasket, but not sure? No water droplets coming from the exhaust, normal amount of smoke on cold start up.

We are thinking of trading it in this year as it's now done over 80,000k and she wants something newer.

Any ideas?

thanks
Kev

Kev

Member +
Cheers guys, in fact in the past the carpet has been wet.

I'll go and check now, rep coming your way lol!

Kev

Kev

Member +
Had both the carpets up and they seem ok, but with Sam telling me there has been water / dampness in the carpets before it's looks likely to be the heater matrix.

Anyone have any idea of what were looking at getting it fixed through a garage?

thanks
Kev

Johnny_C

Lifer
Had both the carpets up and they seem ok, but with Sam telling me there has been water / dampness in the carpets before it's looks likely to be the heater matrix.

thanks
Kev
its a dash out job id imadgine,so not quite sure.not fancy doing it yourself no?

bens ep-82

Member +

thanks
Kev

wet carpets in a saxo is a very common thing, they roofs leak like sivs lol
if you are losing that ammount of water you would definately notice it inside the car. Not saying it is but the head gasket and water pump are both very common failers on the 8v saxo.