ADVISE - court case for speeding adjourned.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
hey guys, well some may remember i was summoned to court for alledgedly doing 59mph in a 30 zone.

got to court today and pleaded guilty, but not guilty to the speed in question.

they have now adjourned the case, asking for photographic evidence.

what are the chances of this evidence actually turning up? its been 4 months now since the incident, will it be on record somewhere, and does the speed camera actually take a photo?? ( this is a handheld device not a gatso )

what do you think my chances are and if this evidence doesnt turn up could i get off it?

goldenvtr

Member +
if there it no evidence it will most likly be dismissed, BUT due to your confession they may convict you of a basic speeding offence of 3points and £60 + court fees

depends how lucky you get really. i though the hand held guns only gave a on teh road reading and no print out of any sort?

Craig_GT

Lifer
i was summoned to court for alledgedly doing 59mph in a 30 zone.

got to court today and pleaded guilty

Theres your mistake there, why plead guilty if you dont think you did?

as above, if theres no evidence then because you pled guilty you'l most prob get points and a fine.

Craig

GTnomez

Member +
You will get shafted im afraid.

i went to court for similar reasons and they done me for 6 points instead of three. If you dispute it they will give you six and a bigger fine.

they are bastards.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
im not entirely sure, but thats what i asked when i was there, is there any sort of evidence from the gun? and thats when they asked for the photo evidence, which the prosecutor replied no we will have to ask as it mentions nothing here about it.

yeah i obviously went guilty because i thought i had not much choice, but can i not then change my plea?

stuart

Member +
The guns don't take pictures of give out prints, the guy just handed me the gun and said look, you were speeding.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
Theres your mistake there, why plead guilty if you dont think you did?

as above, if theres no evidence then because you pled guilty you'l most prob get points and a fine.

Craig

mate dont get me wrong i WAS speeding, but i dont think i was doing 59mph, i would be happy with 3 points but i was facing possibly 6 or a temporary ban which is alot worse, if i just got 3 points i would be pleased.

i was doing around 49mph IMO, but i didnt know what kind of evidence they would have so if i went non guilty and they had all sorts it would be worse.

if this photo evidence doesnt turn up do you think itll just be 3 points? the court seemed quite fair where i went tbh, they listened to wat i had to say n that

They dont need evidence to do you for speeding. All they need is a statement from the officer who stopped you, he will also now probably have to appear at court to testify if you are claiming you didnt commit the offence. So I say without the photographic evidence you will get 3 Points and £60 fine with his statement but if they do have photographic evidence then you will be looking at 6 points and £200 fine.
Only reason I think it will be worse for you if they get the picture is because you have wasted their time and money saying you didnt do it when the picture shows you did.
Not saying you did do it but thats what the picture will say.
Christy

Beaker

Member +
I got done by a camera, not a gatso one, one that was on a tripod at the side of the road, and I asked for photographic evidence. Sure enough, a week or two later through the post came a lovely picture of the back end of my MR2 disappearing up the road at great speed! 3 points and £60 fine but I wasnt in court so you may well get more.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i dont remember seeing any type of camera at the side of the road, i was pulled and lisence taken down etc, and there wasnt anything like that?

the stopping distances also dont add up if i was doing 59mph which also is in my hands.

well if i get 3 points then im a happy chappy

GTnomez

Member +
as you disputed, they wont settle for 3 points and a 60 fine. They will give you 6 points and 200 fine for wasting their time really.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
thats what i was looking at anyway? i wasnt just going to get 3 points mate, like i said 59 in a 30 is either 6 points or a temporary ban.

as far as im aware im not wasting there time, thats what there here to do lol