AE101 twin piston calipers

Gee

Member +
Hello guys,

Can someone with the Toyota parts CD screen shot me the 'blown up' diagram that details the parts and part numbers?

I'm possibly after springs, drain bolt and a carrier to caliper bolt.

Thanks.

Texx

Super Moderator
At a quick glance, this may help you Gee:

AE101twinpotcaliper.jpg

Caliper pin bolt
AE101twinpotcalipertocarrierpinbolt.jpg

Bleed nipple
AE101twinpotcaliperbleednipple.jpg

Last edited:

Gee

Member +
Hey Texx,

Thanks man!

It does not seem to show all the clips. I have some clips that are missing form the caliper/carrier.

Also, can I use the OEM dust covers?

Thanks!

Texx

Super Moderator
Are you overhauling the caliper with new seals Gee?

If the dust covers are in good condition and i.e. have no splits in them, then I see no reason not to reuse them.

I've removed the numbers for the clips until I get it clear in my head which ones are correct. If you buy a brake pad kit from Toyota, it should come with all the clips and shims included.

Have you any idea which model Corolla the calipers came from?

Example:

AE101padandsealkit.jpg

Gee

Member +
Hi mate,

The caliper seals look OK to be honest. Any reason to change the seals?

I already have pads with the calipers mate, so don't want to folk out more money for pads just to get the clips.

Only info I have is AE101. Will try and find out, but not sure if the seller will be very co operative!

Texx

Super Moderator
Just out of interest Gee, what discs and pads are you using with these calipers?

Gee

Member +
Hi Texx,

Pads came with the calipers, not sure what they are but I need to find out! Will ask the seller, but don't think we are on the best terms.

I believe Duncan used MK4 Astra discs that needed a little machining. Still got to figure a few things out eh!

dac69er

Super Moderator
a new set of stock pads will be sufficient mate. once bedded in they are really good.

yeah, i used mk4 astra discs. needed some minimal machining but better than using spacer, longer studs and drilling discs.

Gee

Member +
Right,

Been told these calipers are of a Toyota Levin Super Strut.

So are the above diagrams and parts numbers applicable to this model?

Basically each carrier has 4 clips, these are the part numbers I need.

I should be able to sort out the drain bolt and the main bolt that fastens to carrier to the caliper.

Is the chassis you posted AE101-AGMVF the correct one for the Toyota Levin Super Strut?

Last edited:

Gee

Member +
I'm presuming the only AE101 with twin pots would be 'FXGT with the chassis AE101-AGMVF. (Macpherson Strut, 20 valve, GT)'

Mate,

That chassis number brings up some single POT calipers and the parts/numbers are totally different to the diagrams you have posted above mate.

Toyota are struggling to find the right calipers without a frame number which I don't have :(

I also seem to have two bolt holes on each caliper which I don't have bolts for. Where do the slider pins go?