AEM EMS4 stand alone ecu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenvtr

Member +
times has finally come to ditch the emanage ultimate and go stand alone.

im swamped with choice but ideally would like something simple. the aem software looks great but im not convinced about the unit.

i have extensive capabilities in mapping the emanage ultimate but stand alone looks alot more in depth... ill do some research.

does anyone have any experiance with this ecu as there a very good price.

im trying to choose between
"making a megasquirt"
omex 600 or 710
or aem ems4

aem is by far cheaper, i think i would prefer a new wiring loom as i have sme issues with my stock loom, and i want to run a coil on plug setup with individual injector control

link to EMS4
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290548580914?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

please descuss :)

Chris@CCM

Member +
Haltech sprint 500 is would I would be buying software is great aem software is a pain , Corey's car is running a haltech I wired and maped it drives great

elison

Member +
Haltech sprint 500 buddy. Great piece of equipment for a great price. Been running it for a year already with no headache @all. A good piece we using now is the Brazilian product called "Fueltech" It has a far more tuning range and options and is also at a very good price. www.fueltechusa.com. But it all depends on what you will be using the car for. I use it for daily driving and take it to the track occasionally so the Sprint 500 is a perfect fit for me.

cheers.

AdamB

Member +
Would be looking at the Haltech mate, Sprint 500 or PS1000 if your budget stretches, has a few more features. Easy to wire in, and you can opt to use their own loom rather than an extension harness seeing as you want to completey change the loom for the stock one, and software seems a doddle.
I've had a look at the DTA stuff as well, it doesn't seem too bad, but software is a little more complex than the haltech.

Best bet is to check out Haltech website mate, they got a load of tech video's on there as well you can scroll thorough and have a look at the software they use.
http://www.haltech.com/support/technical-videos/

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
coolio cheers for the inputs- chris ill probly be in contact when i eventually buy something lolfor nowill download the haltech and have a look over there software, my pc is crammed with different ecu software at the moment and its getting confusing loil.

i don't want to join the dta club, just something about it i dont like. same goes for power FC, maybe a great unit but seem over priced and a bit dated.

anyone have a copy of a haltech base map then can email me?? just so i can start familiarizing the settings etc

Rob H

Member +
I am running a AEM version 2 but we tuned that with the GEMS software, the AEM is basically a GEMS ecu made under licence, the AEM tuner software used to still say GEMS on it on the top tab not sure if it still does tho.

AdamB

Member +
coolio cheers for the inputs- chris ill probly be in contact when i eventually buy something lolfor nowill download the haltech and have a look over there software, my pc is crammed with different ecu software at the moment and its getting confusing loil.

i don't want to join the dta club, just something about it i dont like. same goes for power FC, maybe a great unit but seem over priced and a bit dated.

anyone have a copy of a haltech base map then can email me?? just so i can start familiarizing the settings etc

Agree with the DTA mate, although I kinda have the same feeling about Omex as well. Just something about it thats not right lol. Have a bad feeling about em.

Sure Chris will have a base map, if so send me a copy over as well mate ;)

Edit:
There are a few base maps on the haltech manager software you can have a fiddle with, just been doing it myself. Is really easy to use and even gives explanations at the sides. Just click open and it should bring up all the maps you can select from :)

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
Sound lad, yeah been playing with some of the maps when you get when you download the software, love the customisation you have.
Pretty much swayed me towards the haltech now lol.

goldenvtr

Member +
after some more reading into haltech, i think i would have to get the 1000 to satisfy my needs, the sprint 500 looks great for the money though, but i want extra output for various things... 1000£ is a bit over my budget for now though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.