Aem uego

Guys , i am going to buy an AEM UEGO in a few days . I plan to have it connected all the time in the car , to monitor the readings . I have heared that the sensor goes bad if it is hooked 24/7 in the car ? is this true or just a myth ?

also how does it compares to the innovate lc-1

Waiting for feedback ...

ragz

Member +
cant comment on the uego as i own a lc1+xd16(which happens to be for sale atm)
as for the sensor lifespan if left it i think its a load ov bull
been told its the heat what kills the sensor so i put mine after the gearbox and had no probs what so ever
bear in mind my kit was only on the car few months but it was my daily runner

ALaN

Member +
As above it's usually heat that kills the sensor but I've heard of them needing replaced after around a year on a daily driven car the Bosch sensors are around 90 quid.
Also don't run the car with the sensor in the exhaust without it connected to the gauge as this will also screw it up.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Iv been using the aem wideband uego controller 24/7 for the past 3 years (or more) now.. the bosch sensors usually last well over 60000kms, however u must be careful that your engine doesnt use more than 1L of oil per 1000kms as it can shorten the sensor life, also make sure it is at exactly 30inches from the exhaust housing of the turbo, & at a "2 oclock" position.. one last thing, make sure you dont use racing fuel, or leaded petrol addetives as that will reduce the sensor life drastically as well.

otherwise its one of the best widebands around imo :)

Kon

durmz

Member +
Thats the lambda sensor u cant just be done with that mate, no ule need it mounted further back down the exhaust

Nayls

Member +
the biggest killer of the sensors is water! although you should be ok,if you think your h/g is going,i'd remove the sensor.

Iv been using the aem wideband uego controller 24/7 for the past 3 years (or more) now.. the bosch sensors usually last well over 60000kms, however u must be careful that your engine doesnt use more than 1L of oil per 1000kms as it can shorten the sensor life, also make sure it is at exactly 30inches from the exhaust housing of the turbo, & at a "2 oclock" position.. one last thing, make sure you dont use racing fuel, or leaded petrol addetives as that will reduce the sensor life drastically as well.

otherwise its one of the best widebands around imo :)

Kon

x2

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Guys , i am going to buy an AEM UEGO in a few days . I plan to have it connected all the time in the car , to monitor the readings . I have heared that the sensor goes bad if it is hooked 24/7 in the car ? is this true or just a myth ?

also how does it compares to the innovate lc-1

Waiting for feedback ...

Iv had my aem plugged in for about 3 years (iirc) ... day and night, with road petrol and better octane fuel for drag days.

whats important is that you dont leave the sensor plugged in to the exhaust and not connected to the uego controller, as that will
damage the sensor.

kon