Afr on idling

i have an AEM wideband installed and sometimes on idle it fuels at high 15s and sometimes low 15s. what could cause this? cause its doing it randomly. Can any damage be caused to engine if runs in high 15s afrs on idling? cause its been said that around 15 afr must be set on idling for a 4efte.

At cruise its around 14.5 to 15 and at full boost afrs are gd low to high 11s depends (although slightly rich for safety reasons) and im using a Blitz access ecu and a safc with stock 2.3/4 bar fuel pressure. anyone experienced such situation please only on idling?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
yep.. idle is funny sometimes. dw mate 15s on idle not that bad. normally its 14.7 mine running rich at the mo on idle.. 13s 14s and leans out before going on boost lol buq!!

vera funny Sheld! sometimes its fine low 15s and sometimes high 15s, the most important is that on high boost afrs are not lean afterall

ramses974

Member +
that seems good..with my setup sometimes i am at high 14 and low 15.your problem is not a problm...and 11 on boost id good..but remember that all wideband are near but give diferent reading...i have an aem and a blite ..they are near but diferent to show the fluctuation of thr afr