aftermarket boost gauge

GTEP82

Member +
rite ive just bought an aftermarket boost gauge n just wounderin if i can set it up off the standard one????

cheers

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
rite ive just bought an aftermarket boost gauge n just wounderin if i can set it up off the standard one????

cheers

what do you mean dude? you use the T-piece in ure normal boost pipes anyway if thats what you mean?? its easy as pie to do?? unless ime really missing what you mean here?

i think he means spur it off the standard one in the dash, if thats the case i dont think you can, its just as easy to set it up with the vac pipe in the engine bay, is it electronic or mechanical??

GTEP82

Member +
sori guys been a lng day yeah wot gary goodall said its mechanical av got for short wire aswel n not quite sure where am guna wire them to coz they wont reach any where???

sori guys been a lng day yeah wot gary goodall said its mechanical av got for short wire aswel n not quite sure where am guna wire them to coz they wont reach any where???

the wires are for the illumination iam guessing if its a mechanical one, you should have a nipple on the back for the vac pipe to go on, then its a case of passing through to the engine bay probably past the grommet behind the dash, you will need a t piece connector to tap into a vac pipe.

GTEP82

Member +
the wires are for the illumination iam guessing if its a mechanical one, you should have a nipple on the back for the vac pipe to go on, then its a case of passing through to the engine bay probably past the grommet behind the dash, you will need a t piece connector to tap into a vac pipe.

yeah it come wi all that as i bought it new, yeah wires are for illumination cheers for the help garry :beer:

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
yeah it come wi all that as i bought it new, yeah wires are for illumination cheers for the help garry :beer:

so you sorted now buddy :) the illumination cables will connect to your stereo and just run the pipe from the nipple on the back of the boost gauge through the gromet which you can find behind your pedals you cant really miss it...then simple job of connecting the T-piece into the vac pipe and then connecting the pipe from the nipple on the back of the gauge to the piece and your done my friend lol! :rockon:

JonnyG

Member +
Just bought a new BOV and boost gauge so i will be doing 2 jobs at once. This info really helped me out! No exactly what to do now. Awesome job