aftermarket ecu??

el_spudoh

Fresh Recruit
having relocated my air filter on my ep91 glanza im now running 1bar at times on full power.

got a problem tho. think i need an upgraded ecu. my cars misfiring and popping at 1bar and bringing on fault code 34 - abnormal turbocharger pressure.

any advice etc would help
chris

cole

Member +
your hitting fuel cut mate

and your boost is creeping

dangerous for your engine it will cause damage !

KrissyB

Member +
If it keeps dong it matey why dont you stop doing it , please cant bear another person to say they have ruined a perfectly good engine due to fuelling.

Get a RRFPR, FCD and maybe some kind of Boost controller and you will be able to control boost safely.

Or go all out with a Greddy Emanage etc

Last edited:

el_spudoh

Fresh Recruit
im confused why the boost is creeping tho. as it used to just sit happy at 0.8 after looping the control solenoid.

why use a rrfpr??

and of the above of what i need what yous got?

KrissyB

Member +
im confused why the boost is creeping tho. as it used to just sit happy at 0.8 after looping the control solenoid.

why use a rrfpr??

and of the above of what i need what yous got?

I have a completely different setup to you matey, I run a Greddy Emanage Blue, E-01 boost controller and a Hybrid Tdo4.

The reason its creeping is due to the stock inlet tract being very restrictive as Toyota desgined it.

However now you have more and denser air entering directly with no restrictions you are getting Creep.

It happens to everyone.

A RRFPR will alow the fuel to adjust accordingly without the need for Management

el_spudoh

Fresh Recruit
although will i still not need a fcd?
or will a fcd solve this problem for starters?

then i could fit a emanage or the likes at a later date?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
you need both a fcd and a rrfpr!

a fcd by itself will cause it to run lean as it tricks the ecu to see less boost, but it will cause it to blow up alone.

using that alongside a fpr will allow you run more fuel. by using a uprated actuator or boost controller you can then add more boost

KrissyB

Member +
you need both a fcd and a rrfpr!

a fcd by itself will cause it to run lean as it tricks the ecu to see less boost, but it will cause it to blow up alone.

using that alongside a fpr will allow you run more fuel. by using a uprated actuator or boost controller you can then add more boost

:rockon: tuning 101

el_spudoh

Fresh Recruit
so basicly i need a rrfpr, some form of boost controller and a fcd to run it at said boost safely?

or is a jam racing ecu(or the likes) and a boost controler a betr bet?

KrissyB

Member +
so basicly i need a rrfpr, some form of boost controller and a fcd to run it at said boost safely?

or is a jam racing ecu(or the likes) and a boost controler a betr bet?

GET an EMU fella you wont have to change it its easily mapped no need for a FCD or an RRFPR , Trust me on this an Emanage Ultimate is the way too go ;)

el_spudoh

Fresh Recruit
good man thanks for the advice :wink:

just ordering a manual boost controler until i get a few bob behind me for the good stufz :D just to keep the car running a low 0.8bar rite now so i dont go bang :D

KrissyB

Member +
good man thanks for the advice :wink:

just ordering a manual boost controler until i get a few bob behind me for the good stufz :D just to keep the car running a low 0.8bar rite now so i dont go bang :D

No worries rep points added for being very descriptive and listening to comments made.:)

Always add some back if you feel the advice was good ;)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
When you relocated your air filter you have removed the restriction therefore causing boost creep and hitting fuel cut.

Iain