Aintree 2010

Craig_GT

Lifer
Since there was a fair bit of interest in the Cheltenham thread, some of you may know Aintree starts today for the lead up to the Grand National on Saturday! :rockon:

One of the most challenging steeplechases in the world where its luck to pick a winner!! (last years 100/1 shot "Mon Mome" proved it!)

Taken from Wiki:
The Grand National is run over four and a half miles (7.24 km), sometimes on soft ground, which makes the race all the more demanding on stamina and jumping. The race is the most demanding steeplechase in the world. The lead has often changed hands during the 494-yard (452 m) run-in after the final fence. There are usually 40 horses taking part in the race but fewer than 10 may in fact complete the course. In 1928 42 horses started and only two finished the course.[2] The record for the most victories in the Grand National is held by Red Rum, who won three times in the 1970s.

So has anyone got any interesting views or picks for the few day festival?!

Nayls

Member +
some excellent races at aintree in the lead up to the big one too!

anybody got any tips for any of the races?

Craig_GT

Lifer
Im gonna have a read up on todays races :)
reckon al try picking out a few e/w's cos there are a few which are good but prices are wayy too short!

Craig_GT

Lifer
Happy days! Do you not have to turn over the winnings made on free bets 5 or 6 times before you can withdraw though?

Not with the "match your first deposit" free bets, the free bet is not withdrawable tho.. so if you deposit £10, get £10 free, use the free bet on say a 3/1 shot.. it would pay £30 rather than the £40 if you used your originally deposited £10.

if that makes sense? lol

there are a few online places who like you say require you to turn over the money 5 or 6 times.. just gotta read the terms correctly.

go to: http://www.freebets.co.uk/ for a whole list ;)

Craig_GT

Lifer
so do you spend your days inside coral/ladbrokes etc then? do you have a job aswell? :)

Nope lol.. I work during the day lol.
just take advantage of online offers, eg free bets/extra places paid etc.

btw, paddy power is paying first 5 places for the national ;)

D1v

Member +
betfair is were to place ur bets, better odds than rest infact i have never seen ladbrokes offer better odds on a bet than betfair plus you can lay bets.

scot-ish

Member +
betfair is what i used for cheltenham, i will prob use it again for aintree, as the odds are quite good.

only thing is i done my deposit and what not, but didnt see the free bet bit anywhere

EDIT- just logged in, and ive got £25 sittin there, so im gunna have a tinkle just now haha

Craig_GT

Lifer
betfair is what i used for cheltenham, i will prob use it again for aintree, as the odds are quite good.

only thing is i done my deposit and what not, but didnt see the free bet bit anywhere

EDIT- just logged in, and ive got £25 sittin there, so im gunna have a tinkle just now haha

lol you usually get the free bet at the end of that day after that days races are finished.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
i remember last years race as i was on the boat from liverpool the same day bringing my car home , so my one year anniversary is this weekend lol ,

as for the big race my method the last few years is put the pullout with all the horses on the wall and throw 3 darts and put 10 e/w on the 3 closest to the dart :p:p ,i didnt get a winner yet but always a place , the only method for this race i think lol

Craig_GT

Lifer
well todays sellections for me are:

2:00 Aintree ew on Tidal Bay 5/1 and ew on Souffleur 16/1 (Big Bucks price is too short for me to back)

2:35 Aintree - ew on Me Voici 6/1

4:20 Aintree - ew on Oiseau de Nuit 16/1

4:55 Aintree - ew on Hey Big Spender 8/1

5:30 Aintree - ew on Sir Harry Ormesher 14/1

Also at Leicester 3:25 got an ew on Dr Finley 11/1

Last edited: