air con removal...help

durmz

Member +
ive removed the lot as per the forum on how to remove....i cant seem to rack my head around how to replace the belt?? :confused: im sure this makes me an idiot. ive loosened a bolt that looked like it was pushing against the top of the top wheel, holding the tension, but when i loosened it it just came away....am i talking sense? hit with hammer?

durmz

Member +
na ive got the new belt, its just i havent got a scooby how to fit it...sound stupid i know, this is suppose to be the easy bit lol, ive loosened what im pretty damn sure is the belt tensioner and nuthins budging. just to confirm i got a 4 ribbed 913 mm belt. uk starlet no aircon..?

cole

Member +
yer you need a n/a starlet belt

and if its the right bolt it must be seized give it a tap with hammer dont do it so you damage it tho put a block of wood ontop of it or sumat

durmz

Member +
yer thas the right belt i believe, i tried whacking it with plastic mallet, nothing. im pretty sure i got right bolt, its just sticking up outta nowhere, pushing against like an arm connected to the top wheel...

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
If you have a n/a belt or a belt purchased from either toy tuning or dave, then it should fit no problem, did mine in like 45 mins. I had to tap the p/s pump where it loosens to get it to budge a bit which you might expect from an old car imo lol

Ryan.

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
14mm bolts that secure the pump to block/bracket, you need to just loosen them off a bit then fit belt, tension it up and then tightem up the 14mm bolts after

durmz

Member +
14mm bolts that secure the pump to block/bracket, you need to just loosen them off a bit then fit belt, tension it up and then tightem up the 14mm bolts after

i loosened up one 14mm bolt, didnt move after that, by sounds of things theres another i need to loosen yer, it got like well dark so i called it a day as was doing it outside, but will ave to get head back in there in the morning! :work: thanks for everyones help!...ouu btw, what the hell do i do with all the sensors and wires that are now just hanging off? cut back? i know theres one that u need to bridge to stop rad fan going nuts??

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
just cable tie the wire's back up out of the way, just incase some one wants to refit it:homer:, yeah should be another one in there to loosen off

durmz

Member +
just cable tie the wire's back up out of the way, just incase some one wants to refit it:homer:, yeah should be another one in there to loosen off

sounds like a plan, thanks v much! ile get me hands dirty again and ave a look in the mornang rep rep

weeJohn

Lifer
The bracket that holds the tensioner that you have loosened off also has another bolt on it.

The tensioner bolt sits vertically and this other bolt sits horizontally, slightly further down and closer to the block. If you follow the "slot" you will see it on there, it has a funny shaped "nut, with a hooked flap on it. You should be fit to move the pump without loosening any of the top bracket bolts, so dont forget to tighten them back up again.

You also need to refit the a/c pressure sensor back on. Its the round one on top of the cansiter that sat in front of the rads. Just plug it in and cable tie it to the rest of the loom to stop it rattling about.

Boab

Member +
i got my belt off toby @ toy tuning. didnt loosen anything off to get it on, just got as many teeth as i could on and then put her in gear and turned one wheel to get the crank to move (no LSD :( )

durmz

Member +
i got my belt off toby @ toy tuning. didnt loosen anything off to get it on, just got as many teeth as i could on and then put her in gear and turned one wheel to get the crank to move (no LSD :( )

haha! good thinking! i managed to get it on in the end, i just missed one of the 14mm bolts, found it underneath in the end woop woop.