air filter relocation

Fletty

Member +
im thinking about getting an air filter relocation kit for my v ( ct9) , would it be better for me to buy an actual kit or to just get 2 90 degree pipes and an induction?

cooz93

Member +
Would probably be cheaper getting pipes off eBay.. Remember and get a 51mm alloy pipe for in between the two 90 degree ones

Fletty

Member +
yeah i thought that cus u told me it was around 50 for everything, what size is the bit com ing off the turbo

Paul_JJ

Member +
Sure I can -) I was about to make a tutorial about it! But that would be around the next weekend mate! However I will provide everything what's needed for it, includes all the parts and where to get them!

c3dpo

Member +
Did you have to shave the silicone pipe to get passed the oil filter / ac condensor?

If not, did you use a reducer and have a smaller turbo inlet, mines 55mm. And without AC out it wouldnt happen without being a boshed job, even with condensor gone I had to trim a little to have it all flush.

I wish I had a camera to take pics when I do stuff as I make so many errors I could save you lot the trouble! lol

Paul_JJ

Member +
I will put the pics on the weekend guys! It's pretty simple, doesn't cost a fortune and does a great job!

c3dpo

Member +
lol i just cut the s bend bit from normal intake pipe, might even work with AC in lol.

Now to get that rad back in, where should the filter sit behind or infront???? lol