air filter sensor ?

StarletCraigy

Fresh Recruit
Ok i have looked for an answer to this afore posting this.

Quick question , i'm looking in time to relocate my air filter, but i have noticed on my standard kit that up in the top corner on the EFI pipe there seems to be a sensor of some type, i'm presuming all it could be is air flow or temperature.

What do you do with this sensor? i'm anticipating the answer will be just unplug it and run without?

Last edited:

Quigonjay

Fresh Recruit
not sure what the starlet guys do as i'm not yet familiar with them but you need that sensor, it is used by the ecu
my apexi kit came with provision for this sensor
Jay

StarletCraigy

Fresh Recruit
Yeah i understand what your saying about the requirement for it, that's what's confusing as i don't see people making accomodation for this on filter relocation kits, and i'm buggered if i can find anything on the subject.

dac69er

Super Moderator
there should be no sensors on the inlet of the 4efte. only the 4efe has the intake temperature sensor mounted in the airbox.

the only thing mounted on the efi pipe is the standard bov

Sigma

Member +
It appears to be the standard map sensor, which has been moved from the bulkhead?

It's nothing to do with your airfilter system :)

StarletCraigy

Fresh Recruit
is this not the MAP sensor ? not saying your wrong, i haven't taken the time to check out the sensors on the car

http://www.freewebs.com/djnos/glanza/mapsensor2.JPG

what i can say is my Glanza was a standard animal when i got it and haven't done a great deal with it so far and what is seen on the first link is what i have.

Surely someone else must have this configuration, the links i'm giving you ain't my Glanza so others out there must be similar.

Right i'm going to go outside to check incase i'm missing something and check it is indeed attached to the EFI pipe.

Ok it is indeed attached, on inspection it looks to be a solenoid of some sort, pipe in pipe out and what appears to be a solenoid coil

Last edited:
its a sensor for the fuel tank breather system just wiggle it of the inlet pipe and leave it pluged in and piped ;). most people tie rap it to there strutbrace
the air intake temp sensor is in the inlet manifold :)

Quigonjay

Fresh Recruit
there are differences then, thought the 4e-fte would be rather more similar to the 3sgte engines i am used to
only one sensor in the my mr2 intake and its an inlet air temp sensor

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
thats not even a sensor.. its more like a valve. used by the A/C. if you dont have A/C you can remove it or as mark said.. put it somewhere else.

Quigonjay

Fresh Recruit
just to save confusion, the 3sgte has this too (screwed in to the inlet manifold)
but the sensor in the inlet is also described as an air inlet temp sensor

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
just to save confusion, the 3sgte has this too (screwed in to the inlet manifold)
but the sensor in the inlet is also described as an air inlet temp sensor

the one that this guy is saying is not air inlet temp sensor. the standard IAT is in the plenum on the front.