Air/fuel ratio (aem fic)

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
Hello folks! I'm looking for some help... running a forged td04 on an AEM FIC... its already been mapped with a pretty good result...

but I have an issue

...sometimes the car fuels completely wrong.. take this log recorded at idle for instance... look at the crazy spikes in AFR!

And this can do this while im on boost at high rpms... which is obviously not good!!

I could do with some help please...

Cheers

Ant

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
yes.. for example I planted it in second yesterday got up to 6000rpm and noticed a power loss which is why i know its not my wideband sensor at fault! any ideas chris?

Last edited:

Chris@CCM

Member +
I was about to say wideband faulty lol it sure looks like that , can u log injector duty b4 and after the fic ?

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
Chris i think ive found the problem, if i hold my revs at 2000rpm (ish) i can hear a miss fire and can see the afr going wild, but I have no idea what could be causing it...although i do know the aem fic's are prone to electrical noise on toyota's... but forget that <--- because it used to work fine, what do you think it could be?

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
Im not sure how id check? Although the graph i posted above looks like rpms are pretty much all over the place to me for idle? they should be more steady than that...?

Rev

Member +
x2 My rpm idles within 5 rpm with new rotor leads and distributor cap after that its all down hill at about 3 mths I am usually within 8-10 rpm yours is moving around 100 rpm