Airbag Light

studoc72

Member +
Fitted indiglo dials at the weekend and since then i have noticed at ignition my airbag light is not illuminating im almost certain it did before as it does on majority of cars. Its not the bulb as i changed that over with a working 1 to try it. What puzzles me is the light is there to indicate a fault in the airbag system so if its not coming on at all i imagine maybe an earth has come off somenwhere or a fuse is blown? I changed my speedo over from kph to mph while i was doing this so that has been in and out. Does anyone know if there is earths for the airbag system at the bulkhead in the engine bay? Or what fuses to check? I know its not exactly a big deal but it is safety afterall and im a bit OCD and like to know everything is working perfectly with the car as thats kinda what ive been going for with it.

Cheers

studoc72

Member +
Couldnt see any fuses in the knee panel fuse box or the under bonnet fuse that say airbag. Also i dont think my petrol light is working either would it be related? Sounds to me like a dodgey wire or earth. Anybody?

studoc72

Member +
I know buddy i cant find the fuse tho is there only the one fuse box under the bonnet at the passenger headlight? Also my petrol light isnt coming on now either this is starting to get on my nerves!!!!

studoc72

Member +
Yeah checked that one and the one under the bonnet cant see any that are relay connected. Just find it suspicious that they dont work since i had the cluster out and fitted indiglo dials i had the speedo cable out at the same time to fit a MPH convertor and thought there may have been a small earth on the bulk head but cudnt see anything i might have to have a wee look behind the cluster again.

studoc72

Member +
BUMP! Anyone? Simply put. Fitted indiglo dials fuel light and airbag light now not working. I was under the bonnet fitting a speedconvertor in the process could have broken a weak earth wire possibly. Suggestions????