Airbag Warning Light Question... NCT Failure

Browner

Member +
Ok,

Just put my 96 Glanza Turbo through the NCT and it flew through everything but failed on one minor thing. The NCT crowd said that when you start up the car all the warning lights should light up, including the airbag light, which wouldn't light up.

So off I went to a garage to get it looked at and they said that the car should definitely have passed. They said that the airbag light is only supposed to come on when something is wrong with the airbag. They said Toyota Ireland had wrote a covering letter to NCT years ago explaining this. Who is right? Do I have to get it fixed or what will I do?

Regards,

Conor.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Bollox, tell him I don't see the petrol light either and what do you know about the imported cars???

In fact if you point a flash light on the dashboard you'll see some of the lights for the diesel cars only! Had just a driver AIR bag on my old starlet - the light never ever ever lighted up, passed 4 MOT's!

yeah and dimmed light, indicators - doesn't light up either and the abs only light up for 3 second!

Go to another MOT center - pass MOT and then come back to those idiots show them the certificate and ask for a full refund and how to make a complaint!

On my 98 model the air bag light DOES light up, same as the oil light - but 98 models have 2 airbags - that would be the reason!

Last edited:

SupaStu

Member +
Hi, thread revival, does anyone with a 1996 Glanza V have an SRS light appear with key is turned pre startup? cheers