Aircon Removal Help-Pics Inside

MJA

Member +
Just about finished removing my aircon, just need a few things clearing up.

Firstly, wtf is this? Is is part of the aircon? and can it be unplugged and removed?

Secondly, this is the point where i have stopped removing the aircon pipework. Is there more inside the car that needs to be removed? or am i better off leaving it like that?

Next, is this the multiplug that is causing my fan to run permanently? if so, do i just chop the plug off and join two of the wires together? And which two do i need to join?

At finally, what happens to this multiplug (which was connected to the compressor) do i just need to coil it up and cable tie it somewhere?

Thankies :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
unplug the 1st one, its a temp sensor so dont worry about it.

block them up, there is a rad inside the car that can be removed but its an arse.

the 1st multiplug needs connecting together. from memory it only has 2 wires? you can also just plug the sensor from the pipework back in or make a link wire that plugs into the connector like i have.#

the connector that goes to the compressor can just be coiled up and stuck somewhere out the way.

hope that helps!?

MJA

Member +
yeah that helps :)

so is that temp sensor not needed at all? :homer:

i'll just plug the sensor from the pipework back in then, that multiplug has four wires connected to it i think.

Rik

Member +
I just cable tied the sensor out the way, dont think it's needed and hasn't caused any probs with the car! Didn't block the male threads up either lol couldn't be arsed! I can't remember how many pins it has but just find that plug on your aircon that you ripped out and plug it into the female socket :) Only one will fit.

dac69er

Super Moderator
the temp sensor is not needed i tell thee, remove it and tape or cable tie the wiring out the way.

blackstar29

Member +
I think the guys have covered everthing the only thing which gets people is the plug near the battery which you leave in. I went at mine with a pair of wire cutters and a cup of tea good days work. lol

Rik

Member +
or you could just stick a paperclip in to be lazy :p I did till I got told about the plug lol

MJA

Member +
ok, i'll just remove that sensor then

i took that plug out the aircon pipe, and plugged it back into that multiplug by the battery, so i assume the fan will no longer stay on all the time?

dave-izzle

Member +
hey guuys, having problems here. Just removed my aircon, but the plug beind the battery which your supposed to join together? mine has 4 wires not 2???

alfradio

Member +
block them up, there is a rad inside the car that can be removed but its an arse.

Click HERE to see approximate weights of things...

This list was compiled while TERCEL4 (my '97 Tercel) underwent extensive
weight reduction... you'll see the in-dash condenser and hardware weighs
close to 6 pounds and is NOT ALL THAT DIFFICULT TO REMOVE...

If it's anything like the one in the Tercel, it's basically a plastic housing which
surrounds the condenser (cooling radiator)... remove it, split the 2 halves
open, take out the condenser, put back the 2 halves (use aluminum duct
tape for sealing, replace the housing (more duct tape) and you're good to
go...

alf :homer:

PS: I'm assuming you have no intention of ever putting the A/C stuff back in
the car right?

dave-izzle

Member +
ok, i got 2 problems, the 1st one is above about the multi plug....

the second is, the replacement belt i got is far too short. can anyone give me the dimensions or something for the exact right belt? dont want to keep having to go back and forth to my local motor factor....