Aircon

lingl9z

Member +
Isit possible to remove just the aircon pump and pipes leaving the rad in place, reason being i dont wanna take the bumper off atm! and how easy isit to remove the pump?

lingl9z

Member +
Easier to take it all off in the long run mate, rather than trying to get at bolts etc whilst squeezing past.

Alright cheers bud, i'll leave it till next week in that case =] Just figured i wouldnt be able to fit a front side exit with it still in place,

Is the A/C pump the closest unit with the pulley on, so closest to front of the car? Cheers.

froshtyv

Member +
Alright cheers bud, i'll leave it till next week in that case =] Just figured i wouldnt be able to fit a front side exit with it still in place,

Is the A/C pump the closest unit with the pulley on, so closest to front of the car? Cheers.

Yes its directly under the oil filter,

Makes oil changes alot easirt when its out of the bloody way,

Best just get rid of the rad aswell, make sure you have a normal p/s belt ready to go on out you wont have p/s if you dont.

Mike_ep91

Member +
your better taking the whole lot of in one go mate much easier job but if ya want to try and just take of the pump get the car onto a lift and just take out the pump and make sure ya have the non a/c belt.

squeekyduck

Member +
Yes its directly under the oil filter,

Makes oil changes alot easirt when its out of the bloody way,

Best just get rid of the rad aswell, make sure you have a normal p/s belt ready to go on out you wont have p/s if you dont.

Welcome back Derek!

And as you said Derek, make sure you get a starlet non air con power steering belt.

chinaone

Member +
Tell u what, do it from top to bottom, or don't touch it.
It don't take long to take out, once the rad its off.
Be careful of the gas dude.

cole

Member +
you recon? what if i attack it from underneither or can i get it from the front if i take bumper, aircon rad and FMIC off?

its just best to take everything off mate other wise youl just end up struggling for hours and getting no were then taking it all off anyway

when you remove it youl need a belt from a uk spec starlet as they dont have aircon so its a shorter belt

lingl9z

Member +
Whats the best order of taking thinggs off?

Pipes
Rad
Pump?
wheres the sensor plug thingy located that needs to be plugged back in, anyone got a pic of it, i know its by the battery?

aaron425

Member +
So you took it all out with bumper etc still on?

Rep to all btw great help lads!

yep, all you need to move is the bonnet catch support bar(not sure what its called) but very easy to do, so you can lift the fan+rad out!

the plug is located behind the passenger headlight. when you remove the air con system this has to be unplugged as part of the removal..then when everything is off you have to cut one of the plugs off the aircon pump and clip it back in to the plug behind the headlight..sorry i cant remember which plug it is but theres only 2or3 so try them all and your find it....

my removal order
pipes
fan
radiator
pump

i hope this helps mate..

lingl9z

Member +
yep, all you need to move is the bonnet catch support bar(not sure what its called) but very easy to do, so you can lift the fan+rad out!

the plug is located behind the passenger headlight. when you remove the air con system this has to be unplugged as part of the removal..then when everything is off you have to cut one of the plugs off the aircon pump and clip it back in to the plug behind the headlight..sorry i cant remember which plug it is but theres only 2or3 so try them all and your find it....

my removal order
pipes
fan
radiator
pump

i hope this helps mate..

Cheers buddy thats a great help i'll deffo give it ago nxt week but if i get stuck i'll be back! :p already rep'd you =D