Almost back...

jonny-boi32

Member +
well just thought id lets yous know the progress of the starlet again, well she lives, i got the engine rebuilt over christmas after finding out i had a cracked block. so after selling alot of the parts last year, i was able to buy bigger and better goodies. needless to say ive still kept the greddy theme. i picked up:

Greddy emanage blue
Greddy E-01 boost controller
Greddy type RZ BOV
Greddy SMI Boost Gauge
Greddy SMI Oil Temp Gauge
Greddy SMI Water Temp Gauge
Greddy SMI Ext Temp Gauge
Greddy Auto Timer
Greddy/Trust Gear Knob

Just need to get Greddy front and rear Struts, and im bidding on a Greddy rad cap. Picked up a set of Recaros last year and got them fitted at the end of last year, but i only picked up some sparco harnesses last month. Anyway now im just waiting on my new zisco kit arriving to get the balling moving, once thats done shes going to chris@ccm to get set up and get the emanage mapped. i was hoping the kit would have arrived yesterday so i could have got it fitted today, but that would have just been to convienent. so hopefully it arives on monday so i can get it fitted and get everything wired in and ready to go. anyway pulled her out of the cave today for a wash. I cant wait now that it actually looks like a car again.lol

photo.jpg

Tanz

Lifer
whoop whoop sounds and looks good,hopefully it will comes together for you,its been a long process...

jonny-boi32

Member +
whoop whoop sounds and looks good,hopefully it will comes together for you,its been a long process...

lol, long and painfull!! it looks so plain now without the oem kit. but i may have got one. miss my advans thought, but like the green. just cant wait to feel the boost again!! have to try and make a bracket to get the gt badge on the grill, someone has cut the bolt holes off. just glad the engine is sorted by another local guy. if it was checked like it was supposed too nearly a year ago, it could all have been avoided, and i would have been boosting happy ever since.lol anyway onwards and upwards.lol

jonny-boi32

Member +
im likin the wheels dude very smart

cheers guys, i love the wheels, but that pic does them no justice what so ever. i hope i get the oem kit to finish the outside of. ill get some pics of the inside up when i get everything wired up and dash put back together. i must have pulled about a mile of household cable from the car for speakers,lol and alot of old alarm wires. i also fibreglassed the centre console today aswell, so hopefully it turns out alright.

jonny-boi32

Member +
got the zisco kit fitted...

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

so wired up the emanage last week and only got td04 kit fitted yest, so yesterday was the 1st day i got to start the car, but it wouldnt start, so gonna have to check the wiring and to get the greddy gauges wired and plumbed in.

jonny-boi32

Member +
well i was hoping to be able to drive it this week, but have to wait now to get a local fella to checking the wiring to see what ive done wrong.

does anyone have a good detailed photo on how the wastegate is plumbed in via a boost controller??

I dont have a diagram that I can post on here, I only have the pdf file for the E-01 but you connect the NC port on the solenoid to a pressure source with a 6mm vacuum hose and the COM port on the solenoid to the top of the wastegate with a 6mm vacuum hose

Try and keep the hoses as short as possible

jonny-boi32

Member +
I dont have a diagram that I can post on here, I only have the pdf file for the E-01 but you connect the NC port on the solenoid to a pressure source with a 6mm vacuum hose and the COM port on the solenoid to the top of the wastegate with a 6mm vacuum hose

Try and keep the hoses as short as possible

i have that pdf file, not the simplest to understand for the non mechanised people like myself. i think i have that done right. but would be good to see it in an engine bay.

jonny-boi32

Member +
Sorry I can't help you with a picture lad, I dont have any to hand. What part exactly are you not sure about and I may be able to help

just to make sure ive the vacuum pipes going to the right places.

wastegate top goes to boost controller
boost controller goes to pressure source - t'd - one side going to vacum and the other going to the other port on the wastgate.

thant sound right??

jonny-boi32

Member +
finally got the car a rip up the road for the 1st time in at least 6 months. it felt good. sounds unbelievable with the zisco kit and japspeed exhaust. didnt give it the shoe because the engine needs run in, but it was good to be driving again. still abit of tidying of wires and pipes and to get my gauges wired in and mounted. i fibreglassed over the double din opening on console so i can mount the greddy e-01 but i still need to finish it off. once i get that all sorted off to chris@ccm i go to get set up and mapped. cant wait!