Almost sick of this car now....................

milooo

Member +
After non stop diagnosing and fixing problems with my car, i got it set up down alan jeffreys...was all working fine when i picked it up! this was last week. Now all of a sudden, car sits in idle from tick over and the revs go up and down and 50% of the time it comes back down the engine cuts out like ive stalled and start rolling....The car starts up fine but after 2 or 3 seconds it cuts out again, so i have to keep revving the car to stop it from passing under 1000rpm and it makes a different noise to normal, its quite a high pitched sound.

Another thing, when i release the clutch and pull off i start kangarooing as if i need more air in the engine and i am unable to use boost else i get an AWFUL noise out of my exhaust like when you hit fuel cut...

Not only this is the problem!! I get an awful rattling noise when i pull off too...i spoke to my mate and he said this could be my idle control valve all gummed up and needs a clean to stop it cutting out...and he said the rattling could be my clutch, exhaust or throttle body....???

Its going in the garage first thing tomorrow morning, i hope its okay because i have a Hybrid ct9 on the way... :/

any ideas of whats causing this? please help!!!

thanks for your time,

milo

Last edited:

danb87

South East England Area Rep
when i had a rev issue i had some of the vaccum pipe on inlet removed. no idea why they was but it caused the car too rev up an down an on occasion stall. so thats a possibility

milooo

Member +
could be map sensor

you could may well be right because when i rev its like im missing something, fuel or air - i have also lost power from my engine, would i have to take it back to alan jeffreys or can a local garage deal with the problem?

Another thing to mention, when i having a bit of fun boosting few days ago, the engine management light would randomly come on and now when its idle it just comes on when the engine plays up and turns itself off but always comes back!

milooo

Member +
yeah hmm, i only noticed the rattling after i picked it up from alan jeffreys...soon as i start the car i hear something rough as i start it up i know this is related to the rattling because its a smililar noise...as if its plastic is hitting something hard constantly but goes away when i move off and start going the normal speed limit.but when i go over bumps etc i hear it then aswell..

djmbj

Member +
what hybrid you got coming not the fensport one off ebay is it ? i was bidding on that went to the bog came back an it had sold for 107 quid totaly gutted i wish i wasn't such a tight cunt should have bid more than a hundred for a hybrid should have know some one whould fuck me over at the last minute, he he, as for your car fella sounds like a sensor or starving of fuel have you ever changed your fuel filter ? or it could all be to with the rattling noise is somet blocking you outlet or exhaust causing massive back pressure

leeg22

Member +
had same problem last year changed ecus map sensors lambda sensors but turned out it was the cam sensor in distributor tht was fuked. bought second hand distributor for 30 was spot on after tht.

96v

Member +
sounds like a map sensor, this happened to mine! car would start up fine when cold but then warmed up a bit and would either just cut out or kinda 'kangaroo' like you say!!! unplug it, block it off at the inlet mani and rev the car a bit, if it revs fine then thats your problem!! this is how i found out mine had gone, replaced and its all good now :)

milooo

Member +
sounds like a map sensor, this happened to mine! car would start up fine when cold but then warmed up a bit and would either just cut out or kinda 'kangaroo' like you say!!! unplug it, block it off at the inlet mani and rev the car a bit, if it revs fine then thats your problem!! this is how i found out mine had gone, replaced and its all good now :)

Ahhh, I see, thanks so much for all your help guys. Really does help alot!

So does this mean I need a remap? Or do I need to replace the map sensor completely - if so where can I get these map sensors from?

Thanks again lads!

dark_knight

Member +
what was done to it the first time it came from the garage..? something perhaps was not done right..? just thinking out loud. you'll be better placed to tell us..

cheshireglanza

**Do not buy from me**
look for lads breaking a glanza they will have map sensor or you can go toyota but they will rape you on price or lead one to comfirm that it is your map sensor

dark_knight

Member +
map sensor?

since everyone seems to be convinced it's the map sensor, why not get a mate you can borrow a map sensor off and carry out further diagnosis. no point buying the component only to find that you didn't fix the problem.. :(
i'd have given you mine but i'm faaaaaaaaaaaaar away.. :/

milooo

Member +
hmm, i took it to alan jeffreys to get my Fpr - FCD - fuel pump all on and tuned.

Since i got it back the first time i turned over. i heard a little thump as if its knocked something...few days later i have this awful rattle whenever im idle and it gets worse when i put my foot down but high enough revs the noise flees.

Due to the map sensor and kangarooing this seems to have sorted itself out somehow but im taking it back to get it checked over because i really am fed up and i've lost considerable amounts of power too.

milooo

Member +
since everyone seems to be convinced it's the map sensor, why not get a mate you can borrow a map sensor off and carry out further diagnosis. no point buying the component only to find that you didn't fix the problem.. :(
i'd have given you mine but i'm faaaaaaaaaaaaar away.. :/

Hi, im the only guy i know with a glanza mate :(

Brad_L

Member +
where is the knocking sound coming from it doesnt sound good :(

im looking at getting my emb mapped at alan jefferys soon as well......