!!!!!!!ALTERNATOR BELT SNAPPEDDDD :O!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Percy01

Member +
alright guys massive problem alternator belt snapped recently had problems with the belt slipping and not charging battery but all been fine for a while had actuator changed about half hour before at mates garage, drove away and the lights came on me thinking the usuall problem carry on and hope it kicks in drove around a mile went into the shop left engine on as usually doesnt start got back in car 2 minz later started drive back way i came all of sudden noticed engine heat was fuckkkkkking sky mother fucking fuck HIgh!!! so was trying to drive turning engine off rolling and then back on, drove mile to mates garage and stopped car we looked under bonnet and seen belt had snapped is my engine fucked guys???????????????? not happy what so everrr :( seemed fine when i got back apart from high temp though idle was slightly high :/

dac69er

Super Moderator
the alternator belt runs the waterpump, that will be why it overheated. you may be lucky, but your headgasket may have gone.

replace the belt and tension it properly and go from there.

mork

Member +
If the belt snapped then the water pump wouldn't have been working either, resulting in high temperature. You need to get a new belt on and run the car to see if it reaches normal temperature. The head may have warped, or even cracked, so check for leaks and check to see if there is any oil in the water or vice versa. I guess the fan would have kicked in to try and cool the engine, but without the water pump it's a futile attempt.

Percy01

Member +
my mate will fit a belt tomorrow for me, so what should happen guys?? temperature should be normal and not overheat if it does overheat at all im guessing the head gaskets gone? what has to be done if the head gasket has gone? it wasnt running for really long on top of temp gauge as far as i know id say 5 minz to 8 maximum!! and i was turning engine off and on as soon as i noticed, will also get compression test done just to be on the safe side even if it doesnt overheat when new belt fitted???

dac69er

Super Moderator
just fit the new belt. fill up the cooling system as it must have blow alot of it out, then start her up. if it doesnt overheat of blow coolant out of the overflow bottle on boost then chances are you got away with it.

if the headgasket is gone, you need to change it, but you need to check your block and head arent warped/cracked due to the excessive heat.

Percy01

Member +
It actually lost no coolant mate we did notice the extra coolant tank had gone just over the full mark but it defo hadn't blown open even if I had got away with it can it be weak now? Hope to god I'm lucky otherwise where would I get new head gasket and will it cost hundred to do :( jumping ahead I know as I may be alright

dac69er

Super Moderator
sounds like you may have gotten away with it. probably helped its cold outside.

gaskets are easy to get. just get one for a normal 4efe uk starlet, its the same. you could get your mate to do it at his garage, no harder than any other car.

Percy01

Member +
Glad their cheap then bro! And yes my mate can do anything on cars so he would do it for me he recons it be fine as no coolant was lost and it was only around 2 miles I drove it! Just afraid now that I may have weakend the head and I'm already pissed off to fuck and back trying to find out why the car don't boost till 4k rpm++ full boost at 5680 changed actuator but no change at all :( and now this happens grrrrrr

jam35

Member +
shoild be fine dude :) late boost will more than likely be a leak. check all your ic pipes and vac lines :)

Percy01

Member +
Ok mate cheers that providing the engines fine :D would that be the only thing after actuator that would cause the turbo to spool and boost way up in the 4k+ revs