Altezzas,what use think???

cossiej23

Member +
Well i got a drive in a 210bhp altezza the other nite and have to say i loved the comfort and power wasnt too bad either!!!always liked look of these with trd kit on them!!!

Ive just put my glanza up for sale and if it sells i will be getting a altezza!does anyone no much bout them eg common faults to look out for??

Im also in two minds whether to let the starlet go again as ive finally got everything working perfect and it is extremely quick!decisions decisions lol

Stulet-GTT

Member +
If ya have jus got the starlet all working fine why dont you keep it till next M.o.T so you can enjoy it, then sell it an get the altezza...

I really like the altezza an would have one if i could afford it, maybe after i get bored with the GT...

sanchez

Member +
They look the part, i really like them especially with the TRD kit on!
But they are not quick, as are big and heavy, and the claimed 210bhp is a load of crap lol there is a member on here who knows abit about them.

cossiej23

Member +
Beams motor is fantastic!

Get one, and turbo it :D

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

That is the plan mate if i let the starlet go,would like the altezza around 280bhp just!!!!its hard to make my mind up as i was thinking of doing a few drag racing days in starlet!plus last time i sold it i started to miss it lol

turbojim

Lifer
brilliant cars man and are definately on my list of cars to buy, just be carefull of the power steering rack and pump as they are expensive and are known to go and usually wen the pump goes so is the rack and both need to be replaced

i wouldn be too keen on the flexi flywheel either as they tend to go, so if your uping the power go solid flywheel and new clutch man but apart from that i cant fault them,

Pixie96

Member +
Id keep the starlet man up till its next test.. Defo agree with you altezza's are class:rockon:... defo going to have to own over the next while but after all your effort on your starlet you should defo enjoy it first instead of someone else??:p What you think?

wesgt

Lifer
surprised by all those comments tbh, altezzas are piles of shite, i wouldn't have another if i was getting it for free and thats being honest. awfully awfully slow, animals on petrol, as said flywheels go on them, theres also a switch to turn the traction control on and off, that will go and be stuck on off, so the arse will be all over the place. may sound like fun but the arse goes out at the drop of a hat when you don't want it to, i was entering a roundabout in mine, wanting to take the 2nd exit, did so totally normally, can't stress that enough, i wasn't messing or accelerating, came to my exit and the whole car went sideways, i was able to correct it having owned an s15 before and being used to the rwd but if there was a car coming it was straight into me.
friends have had them and all thought the same as me, anyone i know that had one couldn't wait to get rid after a while.
expensive to tune also being an n/a, couldn't be bothered turboing one also, mine was turboed and still crap, if you want a turbo 4door get an evo.
as sanchez said the 210bhp is a joke, i'd say there lucky if most of them are 180bhp.
i heard gearboxes give trouble in them also and are expensive to replace, 400+ i think.
i would stay well clear, and imo there not nice to look at, but its your dosh and your decision!

and before anyone asks, yes i have owned one and driven several

Galen

Lifer
Stick with the Starlet! Altezza's are one of the worst cars Toyota made imo. Very hard on petrol and very slow. Friend of mine did a deal with his twincam for an altezza and to be honest the twincam felt quicker, altezza was more comfortable though!
Another friend had one and it gave nothing but trouble, never ran right and the flywheel went.
Some of them do look good though, but thats all they have going for them imo

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
If you get the Altezza, get the nitrous on it, 150shot no prob.

At the same time I think your mad to sell the Glanza after the hassel u just went through.

If you get the Altezza, get the nitrous on it, 150shot no prob.

At the same time I think your mad to sell the Glanza after the hassel u just went through.

Seen at least 5 n/a ones on the dyno and NONE of them made more than 182bhp. The best being 182 and the worst being 147bhp but that one was wrecked. The shite petrol over here REALLY affects their performance. They drink petrol like an alcoholic priest and are as slow as a wet week. My mate imported a mint one from Japan for a customer of his, only 49k kilometers on the clock and was a grade 4.5 and he thought there was something wrong with it when he drove it because it was so slow but there wasn't, thats just the way they are.

wesgt

Lifer
Seen at least 5 n/a ones on the dyno and NONE of them made more than 182bhp. The best being 182 and the worst being 147bhp but that one was wrecked. The shite petrol over here REALLY affects their performance. They drink petrol like an alcoholic priest and are as slow as a wet week. My mate imported a mint one from Japan for a customer of his, only 49k kilometers on the clock and was a grade 4.5 and he thought there was something wrong with it when he drove it because it was so slow but there wasn't, thats just the way they are.

i wasn't too far off!!

Can be class looking cars when done right obviously not built for speed bomb proof engine can rag the shite out of them all day good craic to drive if you know how to use them I'd have one no problem. Fair enough they're thirsty could get a good map to fix that though have mates that have them never gave them a days hassle and they got driven hard many a round about painted with them. All IMO of course the only problem I see with them is every knacker scumbag cu*t seems to be buying them these days.

Vglanza

Member +
I almost bought one, although it wasnt the 4 cylinder beams it was the 6 cylinder, something similar too the i200 but tiny bit more power, Trd kit, Trd diff, JDM exhaust, the works, i had him down to 2000 quid, car really was in good nick had a service of 500 quid, just basic stuff like all the brakes and bearings etc. i Would have had it only insurance was a killer for me, im 22 cheapest i got was £2000, he was getting about 30 mpg driving very easy, in the end i decided against it, i would either write the car off or kill myself in it. and was goin too cost too much too maintain.