aluminium civic rad users

adam

Member +
Are any of using one of these rads with a universal slim fan? If so what are you using to mount the fan to the rad? pictures would be great to? cheers adam

GTdan

In The Closet
im using the standard starlet fan, and cable ties to hold the rad on....very safe and secure :haha:

i would only do this for a short term thing, and get sum brackets made up, its on my to do list - ive only just made a bracket for my actuator as that was cable tied on for 3 months :haha:

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have a slimline fan mounted to a stock uk starlet rad. just used steel strips with a hole either end. one hole mounts to the standard mounting holse on the rad and the other end is bolted to the fan

adam

Member +
Yeah Rory ive seen these. This might be a stupid question but could the fan not be a bit heavy and pull on the fins or veins and cause it to leak? cheers adam

akaye4000

Member +
i have a slimline fan mounted to a stock uk starlet rad. just used steel strips with a hole either end. one hole mounts to the standard mounting holse on the rad and the other end is bolted to the fan

i done this also but with a slim fan and a civic ali rad works well:)

Rory

Lifer
It will be fine.
The radiator is stronger than you think.

Ive run mine like this for 2 years now on both Civic rads i had, not one problem with any of them.

Yeah Rory ive seen these. This might be a stupid question but could the fan not be a bit heavy and pull on the fins or veins and cause it to leak? cheers adam

adam

Member +
thanks very much for the replies lads. Why didnt you like the idea of pins gtti? cheers adam

Ted

Member +
if you still have it you can use the aircon fan in front of it which gives more room in the engine bay. its also a better fan.

GTti

Member +
thanks very much for the replies lads. Why didnt you like the idea of pins gtti? cheers adam

Because the car is caged up with solid engine mounts and very stiff coil overs, the pins would have shaken the core away :p

WillGT

Member +
i use one of these rads with stock fan and with brackets i made my self:) and 1 cable tie lol, click on my memebers garage and got to the bottom of the page where the last few engine pics are if you look closly you will see them

Last edited:

alfradio

Member +
It will be fine.
The radiator is stronger than you think.

Ive run mine like this for 2 years now on both Civic rads i
had, not one problem with any of them.

TERCEL1 has it's fan attached the same way for over
2 years without any issues whatsoever!

alf :homer: