Am I asking too much.....

Seanmcn

Member +
I have a Dastek unichip with the boost module.
I want to get the car mapped at 1.2bar on a standard engine using a hybrid turbo. The engine has just been rebuild, new rings, bearings, gaskets etc.

I have all the other mods even 330cc injectors. Is that too much pressure on the engine??

Kelly

Member +
Its risky some places might not do it coz they dont want the blame if the engine goes pop. People have run that boost on their engines but i guess theres so many variables in place you cant really guess/say if its going to last etc.

madmanGT

Banned
am runing mine at 1.2 bar on hybrid with standard ecu no problems..once your fueling is good and engine looked after all should be ok

Seanmcn

Member +
Yeah i was running a bar for 6months with only a frp and fcd. I was trackin and dragging the car every chance i got. then i melted a piston drag racing at 1.3bar.

So 1.2 mapped isnt much i was thinking, but westward eng said different and wont map it.

Is there anyone else in Ireland who can use Dastek??

poke

Member +
martin at westward wont up your boost over 1 bar unless you have your engine forged i was onto him myself,theres alot of lads running 1.2 bar on standard internals but your taking a chance!!trackday performance would prob do it for ya!!

Marty!

Member +
why ya wanting to run it at 1.2 wats the differnce between 1.1bar and 1.2bar probly only couple of BHP i would of thot i would stay round the 1.1 area with a good set up then least you know your engine not gona go boom boom

Kelly

Member +
why ya wanting to run it at 1.2 wats the differnce between 1.1bar and 1.2bar probly only couple of BHP i would of thot i would stay round the 1.1 area with a good set up then least you know your engine not gona go boom boom

He'd still have the same query as someone above has mentioned the place he's wanting to go wont map over 1bar on an engine that isnt forged.

Pete EP82

Member +
martin at westward wont up your boost over 1 bar unless you have your engine forged i was onto him myself,theres alot of lads running 1.2 bar on standard internals but your taking a chance!!trackday performance would prob do it for ya!!

I know westward are only trying to cover their own back....but surely it should be up to the car's owner how far they want to push their car?

I certainly wouldnt have someone tell me how to set up my car unless that person had a pretty good reputation! And im sure westward are top notch when it comes to tuning cars!!

Sean Mc has plendy of driving/racing experience in that gt....i dont even know the lad that well, but il tell you something, he knows his gt inside and out! So if he wants it mapped to 1.2 bar id be mapping it to 1.2 bar for him!

Seanmcn

Member +
why ya wanting to run it at 1.2 wats the differnce between 1.1bar and 1.2bar probly only couple of BHP i would of thot i would stay round the 1.1 area with a good set up then least you know your engine not gona go boom boom[/QUOT

the diff between 1.1 and 1.2 isnt massive either..

I am not expecting the engine to last years.... they are handy rebuild and parts are cheap.
I am not in a position to buy forged internals and other race bits as im in college.

Just looking of a safe map at 1.2 :mad::mad::mad::mad:

My other option is 330cc injectors and a SAFC but the set up is poo.... the Dastek would be much better.

ALaN

Member +
I was actually about to post something similar as I was looking at going to 1.2 bar on stock internals with my blitz ecu (got a wideband to keep an eye on fueling).
Anyone any experience of running this kind of boost on stock internals and it lasting?

Seanmcn

Member +
I was actually about to post something similar as I was looking at going to 1.2 bar on stock internals with my blitz ecu (got a wideband to keep an eye on fueling).
Anyone any experience of running this kind of boost on stock internals and it lasting?

What turbo??

Im my opinion 1.2bar is grand once your not acting the gimp with it and keep its serviced regularly.

yeah good idea to watch the AFR's

ALaN

Member +
I've got a hybrid ct9 but it's a crazy spec that no one seemed to recognize when I put pics up. Pretty sure it's a tongs s spec or sumit.

ALaN

Member +
Neither do I mate. It was runnin nice at 16 psi. The mani gasket went and it dropped boost so I replaced the gasket but it won't boost fully, I reckon it's to do with the warmer weather though. You'll see how fast it is at crail next month :p

easty-5

Member +
1.2 bar will be fine mate. I was running 1.2 bar on a Tongs GT spec with emanage blue. Providing you get a good map then it will run fine. I kicked the sh*t out of mine on track at every driven opportunity and then drove the car home again.

ALaN

Member +
Cheers easty. I know you had her on knockhill a few times so it should be fine for street and the occasional quarter. I'm running blitz access but I'll set it up and see how the afrs look.
Repped.
Alan