another brake problem

scot-ish

Member +
seemed to have sorted the caliper now, well for now anyways. but now question is...

my brakes have now got massiv efade, like havin to pump the pedal a load of times to get any sort of stopping from them.

when i done the caliper, i bled the fluid through the rear caliper, and put new fluid in "dot 4 universal brake and clutch fluid"

it feel like i have no brakes, spongey as anything. so do i need to try to bleed the system through again? or is this fluid shite??

cheers

bleed them again. there will be more air . the rear breaks can be a cunt to bleed properly . mine were a night mare when i replaced my fluid exactly the same symptoms
are u doing it ur self ?

scot-ish

Member +
aye, unless i can prize the gf from the telly to get on the brake pedal lol.

should get it done tomoz, im putting a clutch and cusco flywheel on tomorow, well along with intercooler, fpr, fcd, plugs, leads, and fuel and oil filter with new oil etc, so will get the mate to come round and give me a hand with it.

cheers

ryandavis

Banned
bleed them again. there will be more air . the rear breaks can be a cunt to bleed properly . mine were a night mare when i replaced my fluid exactly the same symptoms
are u doing it ur self ?

wat did u do 2 sort the caliper in the end???

did u pump the break proper aftr to fill the lines??

aye, unless i can prize the gf from the telly to get on the brake pedal lol.

should get it done tomoz, im putting a clutch and cusco flywheel on tomorow, well along with intercooler, fpr, fcd, plugs, leads, and fuel and oil filter with new oil etc, so will get the mate to come round and give me a hand with it.

cheers

def a 2 man job good luck

Keri-WMS

Member +
There are "one man bleed nipples" available, clever things with a sprung valve - one-way only so fluid/bubbles go out but no air gets back in, nip them back up - job's a goodun.

Cue dodgey looking animated photo:
speedbleeders.gif

check the rear bleed nipples are clear, I had the same problem with my 4 pots as the rear wouldn't bleed properly due to the nipples being blocked up. Although that was with 2 folk and it was quite obvious that they where clogged up.

Although if you was doing it yourself I don't get how you could bleed them without a bleeding valve or something like that.