Another Guess My Power (k24)

kingyglanza

Member +
Yes another guess the power to keep you lot occupied, lol.

RESULTS ARE IN!! Very happy indeed!
The car made:
231bhp at 1bar
253.9bhp and 234.5lb/ft at 1.2bar
Feels like a different car! Pulls and pulls.
I have only got the print out for a 1.1bar, 246bhp and 227.5lb/ft run though as the two 250+ runs were lost on the computer somehow.

My 1997 Glanza is booked in at engine advantages on the 3rd until the 5th of April for the fitting and first mapping of my HKS F-CON.

Engine mods list so far:

Internally stock 4E-FTE including head gasket.
Homemade intercooler kit.
Homemade custom tubular exhaust manifold.
Homemade exhaust down and frontpipe.
KKK K24 from audi S2.
Homemade oil/water feeds-returns etc.
Tial 38mm external wastegate with 0.7bar spring.
Homemade screamer pipe.
Greddy profec E-01 boost control.
AEM Uego wideband.
Sard RRFPR.
Sard 460cc injectors.
Walbro fuel pump.
HKS F-CON Vpro gold.
Cruise custom made vpro harness.
HKS f-con navigator.
HKS map sensor.
Thats all i can think of for now!

Last time out it made 222.1bhp and 197lb/ft @ 0.9bar on the same rollers with no mapping just FCD and pressure regulator.

Im hoping to get it mapped to 1bar and have a cheeky little race map at about 1.25bar. It pulls like a train already so cannot wait for the mapping session! Then when i pick it up i will be going straight up to either shakespere or pod on the sunday to test the map and the cusco lsd out that ive just fitted. I know im pretty much pushing the motor to its limits but if it blows i will forge it.
I have done all the work to my car myself apart from the MOT and now the mapping.

Last edited:

Kelly

Member +
not a bad figure at all for your 0.90bar result. be good to see the results for 1bar.

1.25 bar is deffo pushing that standard engine to the max are you not worried ? or do u just want an excuse to forge? :p

anyhow good luck on the rollers my guess.......240bhp (if your going on the same rollers that gave you 225 at 0.90bar)

kingyglanza

Member +
Yeah i am a little worried but you win some, you loose some. LOL
Yes i would love to forge it so it is an excuse i suppose.
Thanks alot Kelly.

turbo-dan

Member +
hi good luck with the set up mate cant see why you wouldnt see 240-250 hp mate but keep us updated all the same

Spoonz

Member +
anyone else had experiance with engine advantages has thinking of going there. You should make 240 easily

kingyglanza

Member +
Dave burwash gets hes mapping done there and theyve done quite a few big power starlets. They know there stuff and love to help.

kingyglanza

Member +
Just spoke to the Engine Advantages boys and well im shocked to say the least. Get to pick her up 2moz and see how it goes.
Results and graphs will follow over the weekend.

chip

Member +
i was down there 2day see this car and fell in love stunning example of wot can b done very impresed wiv the results im not saying nothing till he does lol well dome fella

kingyglanza

Member +
LOL thanks buddy, glad u liked.
Leo said about a fellow starlet owner liking my car.
Well it made 253 bhp and 220odd lb/ft at 1.2 bar on a stock engine on a k24 but i only have the graph for a 247bhp run.
Will try and post it up 2moz.

Damage

Member +
Yo mate. Are you using all the Blitz K24 kit with the Blitz external wastegate extra ? If you can post some pics of your setup please mate.

EDITTED: Ah now I saw you are using the Audi K24 and also saw your setup. Sorry bout the question mate.

Any pics of the turbo mate please. I think its bigger than the Blitz K@4 one.

Last edited:

kingyglanza

Member +
Hi ya Damage, No pics of the setup yet but will be posting up some pics of the car next week somtime.
I dont think the turbo is any bigger than the Blitz/sard one. Its not the 2460G though.

Damage

Member +
Will try find some info about it. Cause my K24 is p***ing me off that it wont hold high boost.

kingyglanza

Member +
It has a different flange to the blitz and sard k24 and obviously its water cooled aswell.
They said it could of made another 20bhp but would not be safe on the internals.

kingyglanza

Member +
Not sure on spec of the turbos Gee, obviously the blitz and sard turbos have been tweaked slightly. Not sure what difference is though.

kingyglanza

Member +
Thanks guys and kelly it was from a 110000 kilometer audi s2 in germany.
They said it would of been good for more aswell but would be pushing my luck even more than i am now lol

Kelly

Member +
Thanks guys and kelly it was from a 110000 kilometer audi s2 in germany.
They said it would of been good for more aswell but would be pushing my luck even more than i am now lol

can you not scan your graphs? would like to see at what revs the boost comes in at etc etc