another one of these threads lol

Lawrence

Member +
Well currently im running a tongs ct9 hybrid hks actuator with standard manifold ported and cat knocked out, i have front mount intercooler with hdi hot side pipe, walbro fuel pump, honda civic rad and a mines ecu.

The seals on my ct9 are starting to go, I only really run 0.8 bar on boost am quite saftey conscious of my engine. So like many many people i dont know weather to go td04 am pissed of with the time ct9s seem to last, i guess they just work alot harder than td04.

So im gonna ask can i go td04 and run 0.6-0.8 with my mines ecu as i love this ecu and will stand by it. so all plug and play haters dont comment lol also can i run standard injectors at this boost obviously i will get the fueling checked.

Or do i try to get another ct9 tongs and ive noticed you cant seem to buy them new either any more.

Texx

Super Moderator
IMO the only CT9's worth using are stock turbo's that haven't been touched since leaving the factory. Rebuilt or hybrid CT9's have been proven time and time again to be unreliable.

A TD04 series turbo is probably the most reliable turbo your going to find, even if the TD04 fails a replacement can be got for beer money.

From what I've found, for a near stock boost setup a TF035 seems to be a better choice than a TD04. It should flow more than a CT9 based turbo and reach full boost sooner than a TD04, however it won't efficiently sustain the peak boost pressure that's possible with a TD04. From the research I've done I'd place the TF035 bang in between the CT9 and TD04, it's probably close or comparable to a K24.

Lawrence

Member +
Hi texx thanks for your input this TF035 turbo the same as a td04 as in bolting to the manifold and down pipe? Or would you need to get custom stuff made as i would probably be looking for a second hand wepr set up manifold and downpipe. also in your opinion do you think it is possible to run a td04-tf035 with my mines not running silly boost i would say 0.8 most with standard injectors.

Texx

Super Moderator
Yes a TF035 will bolt up to a TD04 manifold and downpipe. The Mines ECU should do the job, however I would advise you to have the car checked to make sure the Mines is supplying enough fuel and also not causing the engine to knock due to incorrect ignition advance. Personally I'd expect a TF035 and a Mines ECU would make for quite a good bolt on setup.

Lawrence

Member +
That sounds pretty cool mate, tbh im so surprised how well the set up goes now, never had it rr though, but its bloody nippy.

dac69er

Super Moderator
I was going to go with a tf035 but the one I got was crap so went with a td04 in the end. I have had my tongs hybrid for about 3 years and its been fine. Shame they don't do them anymore as I really like them :(