anoying cluncking

Matt Glanza

Member +
Ive got a really bad cluncking coming from the left hand wheel side but it does it when im turning right a low speeds so the wheel is under more strain.now ive replaced both outa cv joints but didnt help.the drop link is bent on that side(long story)but didnt think this would cause the knocking or am i wron.i can also faintly hear it happen when changing gear.any ideas thanks

jam35

Member +
check the engine mount on that side dude if it fails it will touch the box and clunk when turning had it happen on mine before and took me ages to find it lol, changed the mount and it was right a rain, oh and get that drop link sorted too.:)

Matt Glanza

Member +
Engine mounts are brand new Powerflex ones so it ain't the mounts.I no just moneys short ATM.haha.could it be linked to removing the ps?

jam35

Member +
does it keep clunking while going round corners or does it just clunk once, im thinking if that drop link is ben the lug behind the nut might be catching the hole.as its bent youve effectivly made the rod smaller making it tighter.if you know what i mean

Matt Glanza

Member +
Clunks until I straightn the wheel back.no wat u mean though will need to get that sorted before anything else.

jam35

Member +
id defo get that sorted then go from there.if you want me to pop up over the weekend and have a gander drop me a pm im only round the corner:)

Matt Glanza

Member +
Thanks dude maybtake u up on that need to get that drop link sone think that's where it's coming from.where abouts u from?