Anti-Lag

hardcoreep

Member +
Is there anyone using Anti-lag on their EP. I know is a useless feature on a street car, but its not going to be used on one. Please explain your set-up if yes.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
i know somebody who does rory, hes using a standalone ecu.. however most of the time this feature is turned off as he prefares to drive it without as hes found gearshifting is a bit of a bitch from 1st to 2nd lol ...

kon

azerty

Supermoderator
one year back I was reading some info on how to do so using emanage ultimate through 5th injector signal. but that was just a project...
a proper stand alone would be the best way to go...

Last edited:

Fishy89GT

Banned
as above, anti lag is extremely complicated lol.. are you after anti lag or launch control as both are massively different..?

and you will need a top spec ecu to have anti lag and launch running and set up properly

fastglanza

Member +
dont let his 448 post count decieve you Hardcore is one of the EP Gurus all thats left is probably him turning Japanese lol...

So peeps be helpful and share the info he's asking for

AdDaMan

Member +
dont let his 448 post count decieve you Hardcore is one of the EP Gurus all thats left is probably him turning Japanese lol...

So peeps be helpful and share the info he's asking for

i was just about to say the same thing. The man knows what he is talking about.

hardcoreep

Member +
Its anti-lag. I'm looking at improving a rally EP with a turbo upgrade. I've searched, but I haven't found anyone using it on an EP. They just talk about it in generic applications. I just want to know if anyone here has actually done it, how and with what.

I remember a company in Japan called TREMEC selling a 'mis-firing' system a while back, which u all know is the JDM term for anti-lag. This system was only anti-lag and universal in application. I know other aftermarket solutions offer anti-lag, but again, I just want to hear/see someone doing it on an EP.

Thanks

hardcoreep

Member +
i know somebody who does rory, hes using a standalone ecu.. however most of the time this feature is turned off as he prefares to drive it without as hes found gearshifting is a bit of a bitch from 1st to 2nd lol ...

kon

Could you get more details from him please.

Fishy89GT

Banned
you can have it on link but only on the G3 Plus and you can have it with motec but you will have to pay an arm and a leg for it.. as mentioned above anti lag is still different to a miss fire.. from my understanding tremec system is and was similar to bee*r.. this is cheap launch control and will cause your engine to fail, the main reason with it being a "crude" system.. it cuts and re iginites whenever it wants which in turn causes detonation...

anti lag on the other hand is different but shares similar principles, you can have a switch which is opperated when you depress the clutch, this in retards the ignition and will provide a slight fuel enrighment to aid cooling, bee*r only retards the ignition. it can / will also be set up to automatically shut off if massive overheating starts to occur i believe.. the other upside is that anti lag has/ will be mapped in, therefore ignition and fueling can all be timed up together. but both system will reduce your turbo life as you can imagine, it is also extremeley hard on your engine, maninly due to the massive heat fluctuations..

hope that may help..

thanks

Fishy89GT

Banned
G4 is extremely basic.. and a piece of shite to be honest.. doesnt have antilag, launch control, full throttle shifting as far as im aware.. it could work, not tried it.

G3 Plus is the other only one that will work with a starlet..

NosydneW

Member +
Rory ,..you can also use adaptronic...it will have antilag for the 4efte and a lot of good features on the latest firmware.
best thing is that it is a affordable ecu with all the options big brands have. Plus it does have base map for the 4efte and wiring instructions.