Anti lift/castor kit

Red Hot

Member +
I've fitted one of these this weekend.
But when tightening everything, it appears that you can move the new Whiteline mount left and right.
How should they be positioned?

Monkfish

Member +
Is the bracket actually moving? Can you move it by hand? If so, tighten the nuts up more. Don't overtighten them, last thing you want is one shearing off!

If there is only a knocking sound coming from underneath the car, it's the lower arms catching the anti-roll bar. Mine does that, so I need to get a Whiteline ARB as that has greater clearance.

EDIT:- Pic to show the clearance (Or lack of!)
DSC01509.jpg

Red Hot

Member +
Yea, when you tighten them enough, they don't move anymore, but if it's not in the right spot, the front bush on the lower arm will have excessive wear...
It doesn't look like a problem, but just want to know what you guys think.

Monkfish

Member +
Yea, when you tighten them enough, they don't move anymore, but if it's not in the right spot, the front bush on the lower arm will have excessive wear...
It doesn't look like a problem, but just want to know what you guys think.

Get them in the right spot then tighten them. I used one arm to force the lower arm across, then the other to do the nut up and hold it in place, then tighten all of the bolts.

ive got loads more clearance than that on mine.

How so? Pics please... :confused:

dac69er

Super Moderator
well. i made my own anti lift plates out of 10mm stainless plate. but ive seen my mates whiteline anti lift plates and castor kit fitted and its not far different to mine.

dont have a pic that shows how close it is. will try and take one when i next go to my car.