Any bicycle pro's on here?

Jaak

Member +
Does anybody know how to get this bastard off my bmx?

dfb19d4c.jpg

I bought a new freewheel from a bike shop. I explained how it looks to them, but they seem to have given me a different one.
I searched on the net but could find how to get this one off?

bee0e36f.jpg

I got a tool like this:

images

But I cant get it to fit nowwhere.
Should I take the axle off? I came halfway doing that, then all the bearings fell out. Still didnt see space for that tool to fit:confused:

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Motor

Member +
Did you try take the cover off the freewheel, as far as I know ther counter locked. You just have to get a nail and a hammer to tap where the two dimples are against the rotation of the wheel. There is then bolts behind the cover...did it on mine, but it was years ago and I can't remember exacly.
There are bearings in there as well so be carefull not to lose them.
Hope that has helped, though I know I haven't described it at all well:slap:

Jaak

Member +
Did you try take the cover off the freewheel, as far as I know ther counter locked. You just have to get a nail and a hammer to tap where the two dimples are against the rotation of the wheel. There is then bolts behind the cover...did it on mine, but it was years ago and I can't remember exacly.
There are bearings in there as well so be carefull not to lose them.
Hope that has helped, though I know I haven't described it at all well:slap:

Thanks, yeah, I tried that. Couldnt get it to budge.
That's why I was wondering if there is some kind of tool to get it off.

I'll give it another wack. Cheers

durmz

Member +
Thanks, yeah, I tried that. Couldnt get it to budge.
That's why I was wondering if there is some kind of tool to get it off.

I'll give it another wack. Cheers

Dj ep works in a bike shop, find him in the user list and pm him, hes a cool guy, he should help u out

Jaak

Member +
Cheers Durmz, i'll do.

I got the front part off with a wacking, other part just brittles when I try the same. doesnt look like my tool will fit though.
dd70307d.jpg

Cheers for the replies guys!

Hey dude you just tap off the outer casing where the pin holes are then take the mechanisim apart. If you have a vice at hand put the remaining bit into it then clamp it and spin the wheel counter clockwise sorted.Your tool wont fit that dude some of the bmx freewheels are shite. I'm a qualified bicyle mechanic would you believe lol.

Last edited:

Jaak

Member +
Cheers Corey!
Im just stuck now with the inner ring connected to the hub. I dont have a vice or any tools that can unscrew that big nut. Its too tight to get of with the hammer and screwdriver.
I guess i need to take it in to the shop...

Thanks for the help.

Dj ep

Member +
as said above use a vice . i would grind 2 flats in the remaining part then clamp it in the vice turn anti clockwise :)

Last edited: