Any body been travelling to Oz. . .

dellybeans

Member +
Booked it there the other day flying out the 11th Nov ? Supposed to have work and all over there and place to stay. Myself and the Girl Friend are going so bit nervous but excited at the same time. We did a bit of travelling in America. So we stop off in Bangkok but need some info on were to stay or anything really about it ? Cheers Thomas

pig666eon

Member +
haha well its not going to be around before you head off anyway what are you doing with the car?

not putting a damper on the move but all my friends are coming home they said its not the same as when they went first, a friend there applied for a permanent visa and now only the other day said he is thinking of coming home

Ben89

Lifer
There isn't as much work there as people think, my advice would be to secure a job there before you go, unless you are literally able to come home whenever you want, me and the mrs are looking to emigrate over there but it's a long process and tbh we won't be living and working over there for easily another 18months and we started the process over a year ago, taking trips to various places and meeting potential employers etc. Good luck with it though mate! Where abouts are you going and what line of work are you in?

Paul_JJ

Member +
A few people on the forum from there -) Keep the topic up they should notice and might be able to advise!

Ben there isn't many jobs anywhere you go, may be only China and Russia would always have jobs as the wages are pretty low for some industries.

Ben89

Lifer
Yea I know Paul, but they way some people speak about australia are as if the streets are paved with gold lol

dellybeans

Member +
Right I'm working in Tesco's at the mins good few euro saved up also got a claim off them after they broke my Leg so money ain't an issue. A mate is over there at the min just got his citizen ship so he a construction site manager over there so said he was talking to his boss and said work there for me. Just need to get the GF a job was doing good bit of labouring with him when he was over here so bit of experience in the job also worked in Advance pitstop so handy with cars also did abit of interior designs. The car Ryan insurance is up in Oct so going to insure it and leave it in the drive locked up and get a car cover for her.

GT_Irl

Member +
Ive been in Oz a year. There is jobs about though they are getting less and less. Other than mining everything else is feeling the squeeze over here. tourism is down by 40% and whether you believe it or not immigration is down a little too. Dellybeans - where you headed mate? Im based in Airlee beach but I working the central queensland coalfields - around Moranbah and Emerald. Any questions just fire away mate and ill do my best to answer :)